DGX 230: How do I make the verse / chorus repeat?

Yamaha PSR/PSS & DGX Home Keyboards. If your particular model PSR/PSS/DGX keyboard doesn't have it's own section here is the place to post.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

holmes5668

DGX 230: How do I make the verse / chorus repeat?

Unread post by holmes5668 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:57 am

I had a keyboard years ago, I used it as accompaniment for my guitar ideas. I just bought a DGX 230 (Which i think is also called a YPG 235 somewhere in the world) for the same purpose.

I can record the drum and bass auto-accompaniment ok, but I cannot make it repeat in a loop. What I mean is, on the old keyboard I had I could just record the verse and chorus notes one (with drums playing) and then press a button that would repeat was I had recorded over and over, so I could work on guitar parts.

I cannot work out how to make what I have put into the auto-accomaniment repeat / loop. Howo do I do this? I don't want to have to input the verse / chorus again and again in order to have it play for several minutes, I just want to imput it once (say four bars for the verse and 4 bars for the chorus) and have it loop continuously.

At the moment, I press the REC and A buttons, select ACMP and Sync Start and then play the verse/chorus. Then at the end of the eighth bar I press Stop. It plays back fine, but only one as I only input 8 bars.

So how do I make it loop?

Thanks in advance.
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:16 am

Hi holmes5668,
Welcome to the Forums! See page 71 0f the owner's manual, A-B Repeat. That's why they ship manuals with keyboards, whenever I get a new piece of gear I first read the manual from cover to cover, then I keep it in my lap with a notepad and pencil for the first couple of weeks whenever I work with the new gear. This gives you any opportunity to learn the functions, terminology, etc.
Clyde
DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.
holmes5668

Unread post by holmes5668 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:43 am

Hi there

I have the manual here, but what I find now is, when I press A-B repeat (twice_ and play it back, it plays, but then the metronome kicks off for four bars before it repeats again and continues to do so
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:59 am

Are you pressing the A-B Repeat button twice before playback? Perhaps that is your issue, you need to press it once at the beginning of the measure where you want to start the repeat and once at the measure you want to be the end of the repeat before you ever hit the start/play button. You don't just hit the repeat button twice and then hit start/play. Re-read the A-B repeat section and it should be clearer now.
Clyde
DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.
Tinutt
Israel

Re: DGX 230: How do I make the verse / chorus repeat?

Unread post by Tinutt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Theres still a metronome sequence, ive read that the rewind button should work but it didnt, what should i do?
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: DGX 230: How do I make the verse / chorus repeat?

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Which model do you have?

As far as I know, there's no way to disable the metronome clicks (on the models that I have) because the feature is designed to play those clicks. It's possible to temporarily circumvent the metronome clicks (on the models that I have) by carefully timing the moment when you press the rewind button-- but the timing is difficult to get right, and you have to keep doing it each time the loop is about to end, so it's not really a very good workaround (although it's the only workaround that I'm aware of).
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710

Return to “Yamaha PSR/PSS/DGX”