FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

DGX-630 usr. files from USB (recalling registration memory)

Yamaha PSR/PSS & DGX Home Keyboards. If your particular model PSR/PSS/DGX keyboard doesn't have it's own section here is the place to post.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Maxwell

DGX-630 usr. files from USB (recalling registration memory)

Unread post by Maxwell »

Hello, I'm an proud owner of a DGX 630. I like it a lot, but I do not understand some actions, even after reading the manual (that is the main reason why I registered). At first I searched the forum and I could not find any topics offering solution nor explanation, so I hope that you could help me out.
My problem is with recalling saved settings (voices, DSP effects, styles etc.) from USB (usr. files). I am able to save and load those settings directly to the keyboard, also save them to the USB memory, but when I go to menu and try to LOAD the user file (by pressing execute button twice), nothing happens, I just get the message "loaded", nothing else. Is there something I'm missing or another way how to load saved settings from USB into keyboard? Thanks in advance.
Keithy501
Where Are You Located?: West Midlands

Re: DGX-630 usr. files from USB (recalling registration memo

Unread post by Keithy501 »

I don't have a DGX630, however I found a question on this forum which seems connected to your problem

http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... 78&start=0

Keith
Maxwell

Unread post by Maxwell »

I've read that topic, but I still can't figure it out. I've read the manual again and I still don't get what button should I press... Thanks for the answer thought :)

Maxwell
Clyde United States of America
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Richmond, VA USA

Unread post by Clyde »

Maxwell wrote:Hello, I'm an proud owner of a DGX 630. I like it a lot, but I do not understand some actions, even after reading the manual (that is the main reason why I registered). At first I searched the forum and I could not find any topics offering solution nor explanation, so I hope that you could help me out.
My problem is with recalling saved settings (voices, DSP effects, styles etc.) from USB (usr. files). I am able to save and load those settings directly to the keyboard, also save them to the USB memory, but when I go to menu and try to LOAD the user file (by pressing execute button twice), nothing happens, I just get the message "loaded", nothing else. Is there something I'm missing or another way how to load saved settings from USB into keyboard? Thanks in advance.
Are the saved settings not showing up after loading the .usr file? If they don't show up I would conclude that one of two issues is causing the problem, either the settings were never saved properly in the first place or the settings were saved correctly and the file is not loading. If the lcd says "loaded", then whatever file you saved should be loaded, so that takes us back to improper saving of functions when the file was saved. If you follow the owner's manual step by step in saving the functions, you should be able to save the file with functions (if the DGX-630 will do so). Often a simple failure to push buttons in the correct order or leaving out one step can cause problems.
Clyde
DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.