What is wrong with me?

Yamaha MOX6 and MOX8 Keyboards info and discussion

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

AthelR

What is wrong with me?

Unread post by AthelR »

I have owned a Yamaha MOX8 for quite some time now. If I just press lots of buttons until something I like comes out I can make the kind of sounds I want. But truth to tell I have got nowhere with understanding how it works. It seems needlessly complicated.

I am hoping to find someone who knows the instrument really well and is able to give me some tuition via zoom.

I am happy to pay your tuition fee.

Anyone?

Shop Solid Top Guitars Starting at $295
YamahaUser

Re: What is wrong with me?

Unread post by YamahaUser »

Do you have all of the Yamaha manuals? Besides the MOX Owner's Manual, there's a Reference Manual, Parameter Manual, Supplementary Manual, Data List, etc. All can be downloaded as PDFs here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/content ... ion&k=mox6

There are MOX support articles here: http://motifator.com/index.php/support/mox_articles/

If you find that sort of information difficult to digest, you might want to get one or more of the video tutorials available from sources such as Motifator/Keyfax.

Yamaha A3000V2, A4000, MEP4, Motif XS6, Motif XF6, YS200
Fender Chroma Polaris | Korg T3EX, 05R/W | Roland M-GS64, U-220 | Etc.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Hi AthelR, welcome to the forums :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with you. The MO/MOX/MOXF are not the easiest of keyboards to use. The relatively small display combined with Yamaha's often completely unintuitive user interface can often leave a person feeling very confused indeed :confusion-confused:

I remember that Bert Smorenburg did a series of MOX tutorials about 10 years ago and which you can find here, with probably a few other MOX videos included:

Not sure if that helps any?

I used to own the MOX and MOXF but it was so long ago that I have forgotten most of what I knew. We do have some MO/MOX/MOXF owners on the forum who may be able to help with specific things though so, always worth asking questions about "how to" etc (Y)

Saul
Site Admin

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
AthelR

Unread post by AthelR »

YamahaUser wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:45 pm Do you have all of the Yamaha manuals? Besides the MOX Owner's Manual, there's a Reference Manual, Parameter Manual, Supplementary Manual, Data List, etc. All can be downloaded as PDFs here:

If you find that sort of information difficult to digest, you might want to get one or more of the video tutorials available from sources such as Motifator/Keyfax.
I've got the manual, but I can't make any sense of it. For instance, I want to switch it on, record exactly what i play in real time, and then listen to it. That seems to be impossible, even with the user manual. But thanks - I'll try the videos.

AthelR

Unread post by AthelR »

Saul wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:51 pm Hi AthelR, welcome to the forums :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with you. The MO/MOX/MOXF are not the easiest of keyboards to use. The relatively small display combined with Yamaha's often completely unintuitive user interface can often leave a person feeling very confused indeed :confusion-confused:

I remember that Bert Smorenburg did a series of MOX tutorials about 10 years ago and which you can find here, with probably a few other MOX videos included:

Not sure if that helps any?

I used to own the MOX and MOXF but it was so long ago that I have forgotten most of what I knew. We do have some MO/MOX/MOXF owners on the forum who may be able to help with specific things though so, always worth asking questions about "how to" etc (Y)
Thanks Saul - I will try the videos!