FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Not many rules but please adhere to the few there are.

A few important things you need to know before registering and posting on our forum.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Not many rules but please adhere to the few there are.

Unread post by Saul »

Yamahamusicians.com has always been a very friendly place, mostly free of spam and flaming and we intend to keep it that way. If you want to be part of our community you are very welcome but please abide by the few rules that we have here.

1 - Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. We can all disagree from time to time but let's keep it civil and keep the language moderated, also keep in mind that this is a site visited by all age groups, nationalities, people of varying religious beliefs...or no belief at all and lifestyle choices so let's respect everyone's opinion even if you disagree. Probably best though to avoid politics and religion if you can ;)

2 - NO FREE ADVERTISING! I have said this so many times over the years but honestly if your first post is going to be an advert, either commercial or personal you are looking at an instant ban. This includes posting links to your website. We do allow links but only after you have reached the 50-post limit or you have cleared it with me or a moderator first. We do also allow paid advertising so contact me if that is something you are interested in. We have managed to keep the site pretty much spam-free over the years and this policy is in place to ensure it remains so. Please do not register if your ONLY intention is to sell something. There are other sites out there for such purposes. Yamahamusicians.com is primarily a community of musicians who are here to share knowledge and help each other out. You can sell your gear of course but only if you are also an active member of the forum. The best course of action is to always ask if in doubt.

3 - Do Not use this forum as a place to promote your videos. Please don't sign up just to post your music tracks/videos on the forum. User music is of course, welcome but you need to be an active participant in forum discussions before you can do this.

4 - If you have reached the 50-post limit and/or cleared it with me or a moderator so that you can post links to your website we ALWAYS require a link back. No exceptions to this and that link back should not be placed on a "links page" that no one will see. If you post a link on our forum it is always prominently displayed and we require any link back to be equally as visible to your site visitors.

5 - If you link to your site and that site includes a forum and/or affiliate links you MUST contact me or a moderator first. We are not here to help drive traffic to your forum/site and help you make money through your affiliate links.

6 - This kind of ties in with number 1 above but, there is to be no flaming on this forum. For those who do not know what this is, it is when someone posts a question or information that results in a tirade of demeaning and sometimes abusive comments from other members. Most commonly this occurs when someone asks a question to which the answer is already available had they used the forum search function. Let me be very clear. This forum is not like most others out there. Sure you could use the search facility but there is no harm in asking ANY question on our forum. I don't care if it has been answered a thousand times before. We are here to help, not ridicule or judge. So no jumping on people just because they asked what you consider to be a simple question.

7 - No forum police on this site! Unlike many forums, we don't generally adhere to strict "On Topic" posting. Often conversations will go off on a tangent from the original topic. That's OK. This forum is all about communication so please feel free to converse in the same way you would if you were talking to someone face to face. In any case, topics tend to migrate to specific threads of their own accord and I am more than happy with that situation. So please, do not stifle conversation by telling people to create a new thread just because the conversation has gone off-topic.

8 - Ai-generated text: With the advent of tools such as ChatGPT and Google Gemini there have been increasing instances of AI-generated text appearing on websites and forums. Indeed we have seen examples of this on this forum, both as "original" posts and responses to other people's posts. To be clear, Ai generated content is not welcome on this forum. Tools that help with grammar and spelling are fine, Grammarly for example, Ai-generated content is not allowed.

So there you have it. Not many rules, nothing too complicated. We may update these from time to time so always check if you are not sure or just drop me a pm or email.
Last edited by Saul on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
Derek Wales
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Wales, UK

Re: Not many rules but please adhere to the few there are.

Unread post by Derek »

Four nice and simple rules. :)

I agree with all of them. Two of my all time favorite sites, EX5Tech and this one, have existed as the most friendly and helpful communities I have ever visited where 99.99% of people are genuinely friendly and try and help each other, or where opinions differ, the discussions are civil. :)
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
parametric Great Britain
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Near Watford, UK

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

I agree!

Wholeheartedly.

One might even condense it down to one rule - "Be Nice" . . . . .

What makes THIS forum stand out in my mind is the range of expertise and abilities available in the membership, and the fact that this is freely available - for the asking.

Beginners have nothing to fear in here. We were ALL there once . . . .

It is just comforting to know that, when you're tearing your hair out over some problem you're having, there is a place you can come and ask. . . .

I've always thought that, however much you know, If there's a problem, TWO heads (or indeed - MANY) are better than one.:D

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

Some of My own Tracks: viewtopic.php?p=88899#p88899

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Curse! This means the end of the horned gramophone and the little doggie that looks in to it.

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
welshchris77 Wales

Unread post by welshchris77 »

I agree to the rules :)
dockildare Great Britain

Unread post by dockildare »

Sounds fair and friendly. Nice to find a non-judgmental forum .
Ace864
Where Are You Located?: Canada

Unread post by Ace864 »

Sounds fair
ReneAsologuitar United States of America
Where Are You Located?: WA, USA

Unread post by ReneAsologuitar »

Very reasonable rules. Hope you have a great day! And very nice to meet you Saul!
Rene
TD1966 France
Where Are You Located?: Wilmslow

Unread post by TD1966 »

Bonjour all!
Clear as crystal. Agreed and adhering to it.
Thanks for all the hard work. 0-)
Dubdroid Great Britain
Where Are You Located?: Wolverhampton, UK

Unread post by Dubdroid »

Hi, … New here …. Rules sound reasonable … If I slip up and post a Link without ‘clearance’ or reaching the 50 post mark … it won’t be because of ‘self-promotion’/‘revenue-generation’ … just forgetfulness and sharing info and stuff of interest.

… so used to dropping Links to illustrate a point …. it’s going to be hard to put a ‘clamp’ on that!
:confusion-confused:
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Unread post by Saul »

Dubdroid wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:34 am Hi, … New here …. Rules sound reasonable … If I slip up and post a Link without ‘clearance’ or reaching the 50 post mark … it won’t be because of ‘self-promotion’/‘revenue-generation’ … just forgetfulness and sharing info and stuff of interest.

… so used to dropping Links to illustrate a point …. it’s going to be hard to put a ‘clamp’ on that!
:confusion-confused:
These are really just a guide. They are not set in stone and common sense usually prevails 👍

If you post in the wrong section it is not a problem. Either myself or a moderator will move it to the right section.

Sharing links is fine. Obviously, if it looks like you are deliberately driving traffic to another site/forum, especially to leverage affiliate links, that may be an issue. But if in doubt you can always contact me or a moderator to clear it first 👍
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
Dubdroid Great Britain
Where Are You Located?: Wolverhampton, UK

Unread post by Dubdroid »

Thanks Saul … For the clarification and tips … If I slip up … give me a nudge … Regards Dubdroid.

:/:

I’m not a ‘mule’ about these things.

(Never thought I’d find a moment to drop that ‘emoji’ so early in proceedings!)