Don't be shy to say where you're from . . . .

A few important things you need to know before registering and posting on our forum.
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Don't be shy to say where you're from . . . .

Unread post by parametric » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:28 am

It helps ENORMOUSLY to know where you live when advice is given out in the Forum in answer to your many questions.

i.e. It is pointless to give Yamaha UK's contact details to a US member. :?

Likewise, news of ebay items, or other suppliers that are UK based are unlikely to excite US or Continental European members, due to shipping constraints, and the resulting cost implications. 8O

Similarly, if you are offering gear for sale, in the forum, its useful to know "where you are", so prospective purchasers can see if they MIGHT be able to collect.

Also, time consuming communications to establish these facts are avoided too 8)

As you can see (right), I am in the UK

So please do visit the User control panel/edit profile and enter your "location"

It helps us serve you better . . . . ((i))

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Don't be shy to say where you're from . . . .

Unread post by Saul » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:21 am

I'll second that Chris. Only takes a minute to update your profile with your location. Doesn't have to be the town or city, just country would do. I normally check people's ip address before giving country specific info but, it's one more step to go through before answering a post.

So as Chris said, either add your country to your profile or mention where your from in your post. It would be much appreciated :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

Return to “Please Read BEFORE Registering On The Forum!”