Saving / loading song data in sequencer mode

Covers KORG KROME and KROME EX

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Mr Stew

Saving / loading song data in sequencer mode

Unread post by Mr Stew » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi all,

Bought an SD card and I've started creating some songs in sequencer mode which is in fact easy to use and gives great results but I'm struggling to understand the save / load system. Though I've managed to save everything and not lost anything so far, it all seems a bit wishy washy when saving songs. The user manual is a bit vague.

Sometimes pressing "WRITE" brings up a "PATH NOT FOUND" message. Other times I can save ok. I have no idea where it is being saved though, and when loading a song it might appear as song number 4 or 7....not number 1 as you'd expect. If I create a new song and name it, then save it, if I do a completely new song it seems to get saved under the same title as the first one which makes it hard to find later. I don't get the "open" and "up" buttons either. I seem to have the same song saved in several different places, it just doesn't make sense.

Generally I think the Krome is easy to understand and use but this has me a bit confused. Anyone else feel the same or is it just me? What am I doing wrong?
User avatar United States of America
Soothsayer83

Re: Saving / loading song data in sequencer mode

Unread post by Soothsayer83 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Mr Stew wrote:
Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:35 pm
Hi all,

Bought an SD card and I've started creating some songs in sequencer mode which is in fact easy to use and gives great results but I'm struggling to understand the save / load system. Though I've managed to save everything and not lost anything so far, it all seems a bit wishy washy when saving songs. The user manual is a bit vague.

Sometimes pressing "WRITE" brings up a "PATH NOT FOUND" message. Other times I can save ok. I have no idea where it is being saved though, and when loading a song it might appear as song number 4 or 7....not number 1 as you'd expect. If I create a new song and name it, then save it, if I do a completely new song it seems to get saved under the same title as the first one which makes it hard to find later. I don't get the "open" and "up" buttons either. I seem to have the same song saved in several different places, it just doesn't make sense.

Generally I think the Krome is easy to understand and use but this has me a bit confused. Anyone else feel the same or is it just me? What am I doing wrong?
From what I have learned so far

When you start your Krome you need to load your songs every time. Depending on how you load them is key.
Let's say you just created 5 songs listed as 1-5.
Now you want to also load the 5 songs you already saved.
Choosing to append option will add the contents of the chosen .SNG file to
to the current set as 6-7 or alternatively not choosing to append will overwrite the current 5 songs.

The open and up are referring to the file path or directories of the SD card.
I was pretty confused until I figured out there are 3 tabs at the bottom.
Load
Save
depending on how and what you are saving makes a difference.
15781642966216376117081479021010.jpg
Utility
Creating a directory is like creating a "new folder" on a pc.
15781642451903841778031615713418.jpg
I could be slightly wrong with some things but I hope this helps none the less

Return to “KORG KROME & KROME EX Forum”