Fantom G Arps

The Fantom-G is a dream instrument that redefines the boundaries of playability and creativity

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

muncles

Fantom G Arps

Unread post by muncles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:55 am

hi all

i have the mo6. the main thing i like about it is the arps that it has. i have looked at the motif XS/XF and the arps on those are better than the mo6.

i am doing my research into which keyboard will be my next. at the moment its looking like the XS/XF is my first choice but i have been looking at the fantom G.

does the fantom G have guitar Arps?

what are they like compared to the motif?

i use the guitar arps a lot on my mo6 and i would need to know that the next keyboard i got did the same if not better arps.

thanks.

muncles 8O :D
yamaha XS6, Edirol UA4-FX audio box, sonar 8, microkorg xl, behringer mixer
Advertisement
Ultimate Vocal Library
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fantom G Arps

Unread post by Saul » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Late reply to this thread but I'll post the info for reference in case anyone else is wondering the same thing.

First up you have to bear in mind the way the numbers are calculated. The MO/ES lists 1,787 arps however this is slightly misleading as it includes "patterns". Still a big numbers but not as much as it first seems. The Fantom G on the other hand has 128 arps. Not a lot on first glance but each one has 9 variations giving a more respectable total of 1,152 however if you also include the 512 "patterns" your looking at a total of 1,664

Of course numbers don't tell the whole story. Yamaha allow multiple arps to be operated at the same time where the Fantom G does not. You can have 1 arp and 1 pattern going but that's your lot.

If arps are your main thing then I would not recommend the Fantom G. You would be far better off with the Motif XS as it can run 4 arps at once and there are far more of them.

The Fantom G does have a great quality to it's sounds though so for me at least it's quality over quantity :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
Fozzer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fantom G Arps

Unread post by Fozzer » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:29 pm

There you go, Chris...

....looks like you are going to bypass that Motif ES6 that you were always longing for, :wink: and go for the Motif XS6... :D ...!

...more money!... 8O ... :lol: ...!

Paul... 8) ...!
Yamaha MO6, MM6,DX7,DX11,DX21,DX100,MK100,EMT 10,PSR 400,PSS 780,Roland GW-8L v2,Roland TR 505,Casio MT-205, Korg CX-3v2 dual manual (Hammond B3 clone) + Leslie 760/770,M-Audio Pro-keys 88, Key Rig,Cubase,Keyfax4.Various Guitars.Orchestral,Baroque,Renaissance,Medieval Instruments.....and a Petrol Lawn Mower...
http://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/index.php

Return to “Roland Fantom G”