DX7 Supplemental Booklets Online Archive

All Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules and Instruments Not Covered By Their Own Section

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

kaizendave
United States of America

Re: DX7 Supplemental Booklets Online Archive

Unread post by kaizendave » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:26 am

I’ll try to get to it over the next several days.
kaizendave
United States of America

Unread post by kaizendave » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:26 am

rawl747 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:17 pm
Sure. I use Adobe's Acrobat Pro and can easily rotate any page or as you are describing alternating pages.

If these are relatively small (number of page) booklets with a set of 2 or 3 staples in the "spine", it might be much easier to carefully remove the staples by bending open the 2 ends of each staple (setting them aside for later re-insertion), separating the pages and then folding them as needed to expose each page as you scan. That is how I did all the AfterTouch magazine issues. When finished, I just reassembled the pages and re-inserted the original staples back into their holes and folded the ends back down.

But I can certainly do rotations or even reorder the pages back into the proper order inside Acrobat as long as each page has a page number.

Did you want to upload to my FTP site or use a dropbox link?

Thanks,
Rawl
If I remove the staples this way, I can scan directly into PDF format while avoiding the need to flip every-other page upside down. I'll give it a try as soon as I get some free time.
rawl747
United States of America

Unread post by rawl747 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:18 am

Saul,

I tried an attached file to the previous post but didn't see the link to the file. So, here it is:

http://www.keyops.com/aftertouch/Final% ... 985-10.pdf

Rawl
DX7 (MKI) w/ E! Card & S80 kb synths
WX7 & MDT (Morrison Digital Trumpet) MIDI windcontrollers
VL70m synth module w/ Patchman Turbo
Tx81Z, FB-01, RX-5, Roland XV-5080, Emu Emulator E6400 Classic - thanks to James M.
Win 10 Pro 64 bit with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & MOTU MIDI Express XT, Cubase9.5, NI - Kontakt5, Komplete11, IKMultimedia SampleTank 3 & 2.5XL, AAS Suite, BiaB 2016, Emulator X v2 & v3

"...there is no one absolutely essential truth for all people and ... every time I look at a coin, I instinctively want to look at the other side." -Peter Jennings
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 am

Hi Rawl . . .

After you have <attached> it, you have to place the cursor in the text (where you want it) and click <place in line>

You will then see a placeholder bearing the filename in the text . . . . (Y)

para
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
rawl747
United States of America

Unread post by rawl747 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:16 pm

I understand your logic in the general sense but in this instance this is not a binary choice because in this case someone is willing to put in the extra effort to get these created with a higher level of quality.

Your suggestion that attaching a quick down and dirty scanned to PDF to a forum post sounds good at first glance but over time these ad hoc uploads will be harder to find then ones uploaded to and listed on a download page like your old site provided.

So, there are two issues here, archival of material and later retrieval of them. Any system intended to facilitate solving these 2 sides of the problem should have quality of the materials as well as ease of finding and retrieving them be priorities of that system.

That is all I am advocating. I am not trying to suggest what folks can do themselves only what I am willing to do to assist others to achieve the standards that I believe are worth upholding.

Rawl
Tx81Z, FB-01, RX-5, Roland XV-5080, Emu Emulator E6400 Classic - thanks to James M.
Win 10 Pro 64 bit with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & MOTU MIDI Express XT, Cubase9.5, NI - Kontakt5, Komplete11, IKMultimedia SampleTank 3 & 2.5XL, AAS Suite, BiaB 2016, Emulator X v2 & v3

"...there is no one absolutely essential truth for all people and ... every time I look at a coin, I instinctively want to look at the other side." -Peter Jennings
rawl747
United States of America

Unread post by rawl747 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Hey Para,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time but I truly miss being able to upload directly to a Downloads section and also to be able to go there to find stuff to download. I question the approach of embedding documents in posts like this.

Rawl

kaizendave
United States of America

Unread post by kaizendave » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:06 pm

I use Google Chrome, and do not currently have an FTP client.

I tried attaching the two scans to this Forum's PM, but the message appears to be stuck in Outbox.

Can I just email the files to you?
rawl747
United States of America

Unread post by rawl747 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Hey,

I just replied to you via PM. The outbox doesn't empty when you send a PM like an email outbox automatically does and I too find this confusing on occasion until I remember that this is not email.

I did get both your PMs and the scans look very good. I will run them through optimization to see if the file size can be reduced for faster downloading.

Please check you PM inbox for my reply and thanks again!

Rawl

rawl747
United States of America

Unread post by rawl747 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Thanks to kaizendave, I have added the following to the list of download links for DX7II Supplemental Booklets under the downloads section of the forum. The links are also provided here for your use:

01_Quick_Reference_Guide.pdf
http://www.keyops.com/aftertouch/DX_Sup ... _Guide.pdf

11_Modifying_Preset_Voices.pdf
http://www.keyops.com/aftertouch/DX_Sup ... Voices.pdf

Thanks again "kaizendave"!

Cheers,
Rawl

renewingmind
United States of America

Unread post by renewingmind » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:25 am

3AC523A4-F8E7-4C8F-AD6A-2B7FE49FA013.jpeg
Is this what you are looking for?
sockmonkey
Germany

Unread post by sockmonkey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Yes! Did you contact the forum admin? It would be great if you could scan and upload that document!

Return to “Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules & Equipment”