Yamaha s03 blank screen

All Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules and Instruments Not Covered By Their Own Section

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

davbell25413
Location.: United States

Yamaha s03 blank screen

Unread post by davbell25413 »

replaced memory battery after it died. Now display powers on with backlight but no text on display screen. Its like all the data got erased when battery died

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Yamaha s03 blank screen

Unread post by Saul »

davbell25413 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:45 am replaced memory battery after it died. Now display powers on with backlight but no text on display screen. Its like all the data got erased when battery died
Hi davbell25413, welcome to the forums :)

I thought I had replied to your post yesterday but must have closed the browser before I submitted it.

I assume the keyboard was working fine before replacing the battery? Before the battery died I mean? No errors or glitches?

I am pretty sure the S03 stores all its presets etc in rom so removing and replacing the battery should not have wiped anything there. I wonder if there is some sort of initialization process to go through when replacing the battery?

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
davbell25413
Location.: United States

Unread post by davbell25413 »

Saul wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:06 pm
davbell25413 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:45 am replaced memory battery after it died. Now display powers on with backlight but no text on display screen. Its like all the data got erased when battery died
Hi davbell25413, welcome to the forums :)

I thought I had replied to your post yesterday but must have closed the browser before I submitted it.

I assume the keyboard was working fine before replacing the battery? Before the battery died I mean? No errors or glitches?

I am pretty sure the S03 stores all its presets etc in rom so removing and replacing the battery should not have wiped anything there. I wonder if there is some sort of initialization process to go through when replacing the battery?
Yes it all worked fine before replacing the battery. Just had the battery light flashing on the display.

Ronny Nicholas
Location.: Malaysia, sabah

Unread post by Ronny Nicholas »

I face the same issue here.. Just turn on my Yamaha S03 with no text on screen.. Any fix yet? I did not change the battery, should I change it?

Ronny Nicholas
Location.: Malaysia, sabah

Unread post by Ronny Nicholas »

Ronny Nicholas wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:57 am I face the same issue here.. Just turn on my Yamaha S03 with no text on screen.. Any fix yet? I did not change the battery, should I change it?
Hey, turn out the new power adapter is the problem.. Not sure why, even the voltage is the same.. Change the power adapter to the old one, fixed the problem..

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

Ronny Nicholas wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:46 pm
Hey, turn out the new power adapter is the problem.. Not sure why, even the voltage is the same.. Change the power adapter to the old one, fixed the problem..
Thanks for that info Ronny. (Y)

Amazing how many times these issues can be caused by the simplest of things.

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.