FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Yamaha rm1x saving problem

All Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules and Instruments Not Covered By Their Own Section

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

teknosis

Yamaha rm1x saving problem

Unread post by teknosis »

Hi my yamaha rm1x doesnt save instruments when i save a song and turn it off :/ its ok when i save and switch to another song then back to the one i saved but as soon as its turned off it looses all instruments in the song and i have to re-enter all the instruments for the song. All the pattern data is still there just not the instruments and its really annoying.
Is this a general problem with them or is it just mine?
Anyone know how to fix this?

Regards

James
parametric Great Britain
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Near Watford, UK

VIP

Re: Yamaha rm1x saving problem

Unread post by parametric »

HI James - and welcome to the forums . . .

Have you seen any error messages in the display at power-on?

According to the manual, a system diagnostic runs at each power-on

It could be the internal battery need replacing - usually indicated by an <internal battery low> message . . .

That said, they are supposed to last around five years - but can be longer in certain devices . .

If the battery IS on the verge - then behaviour can be unpredictable - as battery power is used to retain the memory when mains is removed - perhaps this explains why it seems ok when connected to the mains.

It is a common experience in the forum that older kit has almost never had the battery replaced and in most cases will benefit from doing so.

If you are moderately proficient with a soldering iron, it can be done fairly easily. Often the most difficult part is working out how to open it up.

Perhaps you have a tech-savvy friend who could help or do it for you. Otherwise, any competant electronics repair shop should be able to do it for you - or of course Yamaha :)

Let us know how you get on.

The battery type is stamped on the battery - its often a 2032 3v lithium coin cell - but DO CHECK . . .
If you are doing a direct replacement (which is what Yamaha would do) you'll need a battery with "legs" already attached. These are generally freely available at electronic component stores.

Some users like to fit a socket (which has legs) in its place - and then use a standard 2032 coin cell for easier future replacement.

Best Regards

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

Some of My own Tracks: viewtopic.php?p=88899#p88899

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Curse! This means the end of the horned gramophone and the little doggie that looks in to it.

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris