Yamaha RM50 manager (voice editor and rhythm kit editor)

All Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules and Instruments Not Covered By Their Own Section

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul, Fozzer

lostvessel

Re: Yamaha RM50 manager (voice editor and rhythm kit editor)

Unread post by lostvessel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm getting this error when trying to launch the programmer on a new machine:
'The procedure entry point__gxx_personality_sj0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll.'
Anyone able to tell me what this means and how I can fix it?
mt x

lostvessel

Unread post by lostvessel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Solved. Turns out I just needed to copy and replace the libstdc++-6.dll in sysWOW64 directory.
Seems quite an unrelated issue to the manager itself, but thought I'd post solution here in case anyone else's system throws this up.
http://www.appandora.com/fix-procedure- ... oblem.html

tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Hmm, the RM50 manager executable comes with it's own libstdc++-6.dll built in, I didn't know that it would use a libstdc++-6.dll present in a system folder rather than its own. I might have to look into that eventually, but for now I'm glad you found a solution.

My Yamaha RM50 page
My Yamaha synths: RM50, TG77, TG500, EX5R, CS6R (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-DX)

Ego_Shredder
Great Britain

Unread post by Ego_Shredder » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:03 pm

tux wrote:
Rigo wrote:Still ongoing ... installed Visual Studio Express 2013 so I can start experimenting with the Win32 Midi API.
I managed to get MIDI IN working on Windows!! :mrgreen:

I have it currently working fine in my Matrix-1000 Editor that I have been writing and that I will release in the near future.
As soon as find the time for it I will include the MIDI IN code also in the RM50 Manager.
I've not been as active since 2013 due to tragic and serious life events, but I have kept an eye on this software here. Did you ever release a version with both MIDI IN and OUT working in Windows?

Yamaha SY55, TG55 + ALL WAVE & DATA card sets. Yamaha MU100R x4 + PLG100-VH, VL, DX, PLG150-AN, DR, AP. Yamaha RY30 x2 + ALL card sets. Yamaha RM50. Kawai K1r + 32MB RAM card + ALL sound data cards. Kawai MM-16 16ch MIDI Mixer. AKAI MPD-16. Casio CSM-1. Various studio rackmount gear, mixers, microphones, MIDI problem solvers & Quested S7 active monitors. Edirol UA-101. IBM Thinkpad Z61p. Steinberg Cubase 5.1 + various software and plugins + Yamaha Studio Manager for the PLG expansion boards.

tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:24 am

Ego_Shredder wrote:I've not been as active since 2013 due to tragic and serious life events, but I have kept an eye on this software here. Did you ever release a version with both MIDI IN and OUT working in Windows?
I'm sorry to hear that, I sincerely hope you are coping with things.

With regards to the RM50 Manager, I did add MIDI IN functionality to the Windows version and it sort of works but sometimes you have to press the 'Download' button (that you would use to read a patch from the RM50 into the editor) twice as the first time an error pops up, the cause of which I haven't figured out yet. For this reason I never published the updated Windows version with 'MIDI IN' functionality, but if you like I can provide it to you 'as is'.

My Yamaha RM50 page

Ego_Shredder
Great Britain

Unread post by Ego_Shredder » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:03 pm

tux wrote:
Ego_Shredder wrote:I've not been as active since 2013 due to tragic and serious life events, but I have kept an eye on this software here. Did you ever release a version with both MIDI IN and OUT working in Windows?
I'm sorry to hear that, I sincerely hope you are coping with things.

With regards to the RM50 Manager, I did add MIDI IN functionality to the Windows version and it sort of works but sometimes you have to press the 'Download' button (that you would use to read a patch from the RM50 into the editor) twice as the first time an error pops up, the cause of which I haven't figured out yet. For this reason I never published the updated Windows version with 'MIDI IN' functionality, but if you like I can provide it to you 'as is'.
Thanks tux.

Regarding the unreleased beta version with flaky MIDI I/O, yes I would like to have a go with this please. I will not share it with anyone else without your permission first.

Yamaha SY55, TG55 + ALL WAVE & DATA card sets. Yamaha MU100R x4 + PLG100-VH, VL, DX, PLG150-AN, DR, AP. Yamaha RY30 x2 + ALL card sets. Yamaha RM50. Kawai K1r + 32MB RAM card + ALL sound data cards. Kawai MM-16 16ch MIDI Mixer. AKAI MPD-16. Casio CSM-1. Various studio rackmount gear, mixers, microphones, MIDI problem solvers & Quested S7 active monitors. Edirol UA-101. IBM Thinkpad Z61p. Steinberg Cubase 5.1 + various software and plugins + Yamaha Studio Manager for the PLG expansion boards.

tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Ego_Shredder wrote:Regarding the unreleased beta version with flaky MIDI I/O, yes I would like to have a go with this please. I will not share it with anyone else without your permission first.
I have sent you a PM.

My Yamaha RM50 page

Ego_Shredder
Great Britain

Unread post by Ego_Shredder » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:24 am

Thanks tux, thanks for getting in touch and I now have the download. I'll get back to you as soon as I have had a good go with it.

lostvessel

Unread post by lostvessel » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:20 am

Hi Tux,
Great news that you've managed to add midi in for windows. Now that I finally have the program up and running (after having a few issues with midi interfaces unequipped for sysex), I am loving creating custom kits, this program really is a game-changer, so thanks again !

I was wondering if I could try out the windows midi-in beta version too?
No worries if not, but perhaps you could shine some light onto how I add a custom voice made in the Voice editor to a custom rhythm kit I made in the rhythm kit editor when I do not own any wavecards? I feel like I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but as I'm unable to assign a custom voice to a folder structure/bank, while I can upload it to the RM50, I cannot save the rhythm kit with new voice to any location.

tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:26 pm

lostvessel wrote:I was wondering if I could try out the windows midi-in beta version too?
I just sent you a PM.
lostvessel wrote:perhaps you could shine some light onto how I add a custom voice made in the Voice editor to a custom rhythm kit I made in the rhythm kit editor when I do not own any wavecards? I feel like I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but as I'm unable to assign a custom voice to a folder structure/bank, while I can upload it to the RM50, I cannot save the rhythm kit with new voice to any location.
I'm not quite sure whether I undrstood your question correctly.
You don't need wavecards to create custom voices or to use custom voices in a rhythm kit. In the rhythm kit editor you simply select Bank I-MX and whichever user voice you would like to add to the kit for each key/note that you would like to add one.

The RM50 does not have an edit buffer, any changes you do with the editor are immediately applied to the voice or rhythm kit you are editing.
You can select the 'user voice' you are editing in the 'Common' tab: I-MX Bank Destination Voice Nr.
Similarly you can select the user rhythm kit you are editing with Internal Bank Destination Kit Nr.

Also please read the RM50 user manual (if you haven't already), to understand the editor you need to understand how the RM50 is laid out, as the editor simply reflects the inner workings of the RM50.

My Yamaha RM50 page

javelin276
United States of America

Unread post by javelin276 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi Guys, I've been using the RM50 Manager (the beta version with download for Windows Tux kindly sent me) and the program generates an error which I've found I can get around. When I run Windows Media Player to play a music video at the same time I'm using the RM50 Manager the error goes away. Somehow the media player alters the I/O timing in my PC and the program works when I'm playing a video. I tested it ON/OFF four times in a row and it switched behavior every time. It's so weird I just had to say something. The error is "Error: incorrect sysex length (0 bytes)".

Also, don't forget to enable sysex-in on your RM50 by going into Utility/MIDI/DeviceNumber and selecting 1 or All. It's "Off" by default.

----------------------
Nope, I broke it again. The timing is too fragile, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It stopped working again.

tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:22 am

The bug that javelin276 described is the one I have previously mentioned and it's the reason why I haven't yet published the Windows version of the RM50 Manager with MIDI IN enabled.

The strange thing is that exactly the same code for the Windows MIDI IN subroutine works fine in the JDXI Manager (editor for the Roland JD-XI I also wrote more recently).

My Yamaha RM50 page

Return to “Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules & Equipment”