This is the main question in the QY100

All Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules and Instruments Not Covered By Their Own Section

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer, Saul

Adair

This is the main question in the QY100

Unread post by Adair » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:28 pm

An external keyboard can not command Pattern and Voices at the same time.
Pattern requires Fingered ON and Voices requires fingered OFF. The dieal would be an external keyboard using the styles of the module together with their voices. Someone would have a solution to this

JayB
Germany

Re: This is the main question in the QY100

Unread post by JayB » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:10 pm

You could simply set the split point in the Utility menu. ;P
Creator of free and commercial trance/house/EDM sound sets for:
Yamaha AN1x, Yamaha CS6x/S80/S30, Yamaha Motif ES / S90 ES, Yamaha PLG150-AN, Yamaha QY100, Korg X5D, Quasimidi Sirius, Roland V-Synth and reFX Nexus.

Adair

Unread post by Adair » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 am

please could you explain me better how to proceed. I'm still lay on the subject

JayB
Germany

Unread post by JayB » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:06 pm

Okay, here you go:

[MENU] -> [F4] Utility -> [Menu] -> [F4] Fingered Zone

"Low" and "High" defines the range where the chord detection is active. Everything out of that range is forwarded to the tone generator (a.k.a you can play melodies there). You could also leave the range and use the split function on your external keyboard and make the chord detection react on a certain MIDI channel. It's all on that screen. :)
Yamaha AN1x, Yamaha CS6x/S80/S30, Yamaha Motif ES / S90 ES, Yamaha PLG150-AN, Yamaha QY100, Korg X5D, Quasimidi Sirius, Roland V-Synth and reFX Nexus.

Adair

Unread post by Adair » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:43 am

JayB thank you for your help. here are my tests:
Fingered = On
Midi Channel = All

Zone = Low and High = G8 - - Styles = No Voices = No
Zone = Low = C2 = High G8- - Styles Voices = Yes = No
Zone = C2 = Low High = C2 - Styles = No Voices = No

My keyboard Split Point = 49
It has no effect on QY100.
My keyboard is a Yamaha PSR SQ16 and has 4 inputs Midi = On, Out, Thru and Remote Keyboard.

JayB
Germany

Unread post by JayB » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:51 pm

You're setting a zone. And a zone has a start and an end point. If it's the same note you don't have a zone. How about setting Low to C0 and High to G2?

Adair

Unread post by Adair » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:38 am

Sorry but I do not understand how to configure QY100. You have the patience to explain to me how to do. I'm 70 years old and I believe that the head does not work as before. Anyway thank you for your good will. I am very grateful to you. I do not speak English well because I am Brazilian and I do not understand many words right.

JayB
Germany

Unread post by JayB » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:41 am

So I suppose you want to use the QY100 like an arranger keyboard of the PSR series.

Once you're in the Fingered Zone screen use the cursor buttons to navigate the selection to the low and high fields. Use the +1/-1 buttons tibset low to C0 and high to G2 or whatever split point you want to have. Now the chord detection system of the QY react only between these keys.

If you now want to play melodies you have to get back into song mode, because in pattern mode you can only play within the pattern tracks.

In song mode you have the pattern field in the down left corner. To control the pattern sections in real time you need to have it selected all the time while you're playing. This of course makes it impossible to change the melody instrument because then you need to get into the mixer section (except you can change it from outside). Furthermore the song mode doesn't automatically apply the pattern tempo to the song tempo. So you have to set it each time you choose a new pattern.

Adair

Unread post by Adair » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Hallelujah ... thank God and this execpcional friend could see a light at the end of the tunnel ... first followed his instructions, I put in Fingered zone Low=CO and High=G2. After this and went SONG .. that's when it happened to my joy. I modified the default in the bottom left corner and select the styles ... and everything worked perfect ..me felt as a child when you win your first bycicle. Therefore I have not worked more in Pattern. I was only in Song and my keyboard settings. I have a question, it appears as follows: Pt Cd Tim and Melody tracks that modify the voices. but the sound of each voice is too low, how to increase it. On my keyboard there Velocity Fix already put in most yet still gets low. Jayb ... this was my main goal, to use the QY100 as an arranger for keyboard could even write to the keyboard sequencer. Now do not know what I'll do with the Pattern button because I have everything in Song. Again JayB ... eternally grateful.

JayB
Germany

Unread post by JayB » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:25 pm

Glad I could help you. :)

About the volume: If you are in song mode you can press the [SONG] button again to get to the mixer. There you have little volume faders for all the 16 channels plus a single fader for the full pattern section. Navigate to these using the cusor buttons and change values using +1/-1. You can also hit [MENU] and [F1] to get to the effect settings where you can adjust the ammount of Reverb and Chorus to your melody channel. :)

Pressing [SONG] again brings you to the effect details. But messing around there is no big use as the settings are reset to default every time you select a new pattern. A third push of the [SONG] button brings you ack to the main screen.

Adair

Unread post by Adair » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:32 am

Good morning JayB ... you are helping me on two topics and not to escape the rules of the forum I like to return to the topic of memory QY. Thank you

Return to “Other Yamaha Keyboards/Modules & Equipment”