Yamaha apx 500nt

APX series guitars are designed with a focus on playability. Their thin bodies and cutaways that provide greater access to the upper frets, offer smoother switching between electric and acoustic instruments.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Brdean1
Location.: Uk

Yamaha apx 500nt

Unread post by Brdean1 »

Hi, thanks for add. I have been asked by a friend to sell a Yamaha apx 500 nt for him. Looking up the serial number it appears to be a 2018 model. Is there a link to a site that details which pre amp system would be on it and what model series it would be. I don’t want to advertise it incorrectly. TIA

Mimasu

VIP

Re: Yamaha apx 500nt

Unread post by Mimasu »

Hi,

Scan from a 2010 catalog with the specs. The NT stands for natural. I think it's more likely a 2008 guitar. Production of the APX500 started in 2006 and the APX500II was introduced in 2011 I think.

Scan.jpeg

Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brdean1
Location.: Uk

Unread post by Brdean1 »

Thanks for response. The serial number decoder gives this as a june 2018 build but the preamp on it i believe is system 55T which i thought was on earlier build dates. I cant work out how to attached pic.

Regards

Brian

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

Keep in mind that Yamaha serial numbers are reused every 10 years so it is far more likely that the guitar you are dealing with is, as Leon said a 2008 model. It ties in with the model of preamp installed.

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.