APX 500 EQ and YamahaSJ 550 HM Electric

APX series guitars are designed with a focus on playability. Their thin bodies and cutaways that provide greater access to the upper frets, offer smoother switching between electric and acoustic instruments.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

roopydoopy

APX 500 EQ and YamahaSJ 550 HM Electric

Unread post by roopydoopy » Fri May 04, 2007 4:50 pm

Having just acquired an APX 500, can anyone tell me what the 'AMF' slider does? Regarding the electric, which I've had for years, I've never seen another one!! It has a pair of soapbar pickups, and a coil tap which switches between hb/single coil. Very effective it is too! Any information gladly received.

Thanks in advance, and to Yamaha for great instruments.
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Fri May 04, 2007 9:17 pm

Hi roopydoopy,
Welcome to the Forums! Sorry I don't have any info for you, but perhaps one of the guitar users will be along shortly and can add some info for you.
Clyde
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat May 05, 2007 10:44 am

Welcome to the forum :) Always nice to see another guitar player on board :)

Ok..AMF simply is Adjustable Mid-Range Frequency. It allows you to shape the tonal characteristics of your sound. Also can help with eliminating feedback.
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting - Earn 35% Commission On Referrals! www.rabbittree.uk
roopydoopy

Unread post by roopydoopy » Sat May 05, 2007 12:35 pm

thanks for that Saul. I will play around with it and see what effect it has.

roopy
roopydoopy

Unread post by roopydoopy » Sat May 12, 2007 12:01 pm

well it certainly works!!! I was able to eliminate a bass hum style feedback by using the amf slider, without affecting the overall tone. Great!!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat May 12, 2007 12:07 pm

Glad to hear it :) I was thinking about picking up an APX500 myself just to do a bit of recording here as the output has gone on my Ovation, will fix it eventually but for now an APX would do fine :)
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting - Earn 35% Commission On Referrals! www.rabbittree.uk

Return to “Yamaha APX Guitar Forum”