APX 700

APX series guitars are designed with a focus on playability. Their thin bodies and cutaways that provide greater access to the upper frets, offer smoother switching between electric and acoustic instruments.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

ps

APX 700

Unread post by ps » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:36 am

Hi Chaps,

Nice to meet you all. Ive never played guitar before, but decided I was going to learn. If I dont do it now I never will - so I went out and bought myself a Yamaha APX700.

Its a nice guitar, looks good and doesnt sound too bad. I got an electro acoustic cos I like the idea of plugging it into a pc at some point in the future to play around.

Anyway, im learning. Been doing finger exercise & started learning the chords. Im practising moving between chords now (its quite hard).

Anyway, im not sure if I have a problem or not.

The in built tuner of the guitar seems to work fine. Lately however, for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd strings its been hit and miss. Sometimes I have to make the guitar sound louder than normal for the tuner to register. Sometimes I tune it and when the tuner turns off I turn it back on again to double check and it seems like its already out of tune...? Sometimes its tuned and I play a D chord and it doesnt quite sound right (could just be me).

Is this normal for a guitar?

Any tips/tricks I should know about for using the in built tuner?

TIA!
Rampant

Unread post by Rampant » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Hello

I've had my APX700 (red) for about a week now... I've noticed the "loud" thing to register with the tuner, but it seems to tune nicely anyway!

I might try changing the battery to see if that helps - have you tried that yet?

Cheerz

Mark H

PS. What colour APX do you have???
PPS. Are you taking lessons? I've been playing for 6 months and without lessons I'd be going nowhere fast!
[b]Black/white Yamaha Pacifica 112V
Crate V5 valve amp
Korg Toneworks PANDORA PX4D effects gizmo
Oriental red burst Yamaha APX700
[i]Sensei[/i] called Johnny[/b]
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:32 pm

I noticed the tuner on my CPX has never been that accurate. Often when it shows the string to be spot on, it isn't. I can tune by ear and I know when it's right and when it isn't. Looks like it might be a bit of a theme with these in built tuners?
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting - Earn 35% Commission On Referrals! www.rabbittree.uk
Rampant

Unread post by Rampant » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi folks

I recently invested in another tuner with built-in mic.
It seems that the tuner in my APX tunes perfectly well - but as mentioned before it sometimes takes a loud pluck on each string to activate it!

I've tried a new battery but this makes no difference.

It must just be a "feature" of our guitars' tuners.

Cheerz

Mark H
[b]Black/white Yamaha Pacifica 112V
Crate V5 valve amp
Korg Toneworks PANDORA PX4D effects gizmo
Oriental red burst Yamaha APX700
[i]Sensei[/i] called Johnny[/b]
ps

Unread post by ps » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 am

completely forgot about this thread!!!

thank you all for your replies :D

and sorry for the (very) late response.