Question on FG830

For over 40 years, the FG series has continued to offer outstanding quality and tone on affordable instruments. These player favorites have played countless gigs, written thousands of songs and are heard by millions of people year after year.

Moderators: Buzzard, Derek, parametric, Saul

rdec873
Location.: United States

Question on FG830

Unread post by rdec873 »

Hi, I have a Taylor 214ce but am looking for a guitar that I can take camping with me and sit around a campfire. I love strumming songs but also really enjoy flat picking some basic bluegrass. For those that have the FG830, how is the neck for flat picking. I haven’t had a chance to play one yet with stores all closed near me. From what I hear, the tone is amazing for a guitar in that price. I’m just curious about the neck. Thanks.

tonyg618

Re: Question on FG830

Unread post by tonyg618 »

Don't overlook the all laminate f335 or f325d. Both well under $200 or under $250 with hardshell case. Amazing sound......I call mine the poor man's carbon fiber. Check out tony polocastro's (sp?) Youtube video on the f325d.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

Hey Tony, welcome to the forum. Great to have you here :)

Just in case anyone is having trouble finding that video here it is.

Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

tonyg618

Unread post by tonyg618 »

Thanks Saul. I'm a bit challenged when it comes to posting links to youtube videos.......any help would be appreciated. Another very enjoyable video on the f335 can be found on youtube entitled "my favoritr guitar-dave jannette." Worth watching!

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

Easy to post youtube links here Tony. Just copy and paste the link...that's it!

Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.