KORG Minilogue

Discussion and information on the Korg range of keyboards and rack modules. Anything without it's own dedicated section can be discussed in here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

SysExJohn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Uganda

KORG Minilogue

Unread post by SysExJohn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:26 am

Just caught this Sweetwater demo of the Korg Minilogue.

Looks a nice little synth.
Has this been posted before?

(How do you post youtube videos?)
Last edited by Buzzard on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updating tube link
MIDI Tutor forum at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi.
UW500; 2xMU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
AN1x, Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Sonar 7 PE. XGworks ST. & SQ01.
Garritan GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, Organs, Steinway, World, Harps + GPO5 ... and now CFX lite.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: KORG Minilogue

Unread post by Saul » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:13 am

Have edited that for you.

To post youtube clips you use the last part of the youtube url which in this case is JuZpEtZF-hg and enclose that in the youtube tags. To do that highlight the text and click the youtube button near the top right of the message window and it will add the tags automatically.

Most times it works fine but it depends on the url. I usually look things up in youtube itself. If you take the url from another post it has often been modified and wont work properly.

I'll see if there is a better way to do it as many people have problems with it. It's all a bit too clunky at the moment.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
SysExJohn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Uganda

Unread post by SysExJohn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks Saul.
I knew it was an edited short but just exactly how short I wasn't sure.
I had tried chopping it a bit, but obviously didn't get it right.
I know, "Thicko!"
Gave up, thought "Saul will fix it." And you did.
Ta!
MIDI Tutor forum at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi.
UW500; 2xMU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
AN1x, Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Sonar 7 PE. XGworks ST. & SQ01.
Garritan GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, Organs, Steinway, World, Harps + GPO5 ... and now CFX lite.
Rami Kuester
United States of America

Unread post by Rami Kuester » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:00 am

w
Last edited by Rami Kuester on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:21 am

Welcome to the forum Rami

I always struggle to see the value in these types of synth. For me I would liken it to playing with something like an oscilloscope but then I'm more your lush pads and cinematic type of person so it will never tick any of my boxes. It is though incredibly popular and I imagine for people who like to get down into the nuts and bolts of sound creation it can be a very exciting thing. Do you have one or intend to get one?
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Saul wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:21 am
I'm more your lush pads and cinematic type of person
Me too, that's why I'm in love with the Roland JD-Xi, it's packed with Roland's famous lushness for a price that I couldn't resist.
The Minilogue OTOH leaves me cold, quite literally as I find that it sounds rather cold and harsh most of the time.
My Yamaha RM50 page
My Yamaha synths: RM50, TG77, TG500, EX5R, CS6R (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-DX)
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Would absolutely LOVE a JD-Xi! Wonder if Roland would like to "lend" me one for a while ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Saul wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:37 pm
Would absolutely LOVE a JD-Xi! Wonder if Roland would like to "lend" me one for a while ;)
DIdn't you already have a FA-06 or 08 on loan?
The Supernatural synth engine of the JD-Xi is the same as the FA (actually on the FA you have more multi-timbrality), so you should already have a good idea how the JD-Xi sounds like.
The difference is the mono analog voice, the vocoder and the step sequencer, while the FA has the sampler and a more traditional sequencer that the JD-Xi doesn't have. And of course the FA has a much better keybed (the JD-Xi keybed should be seen as a means to enter notes into the step sequencer, not as a live performance keyboard).
My Yamaha RM50 page
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:37 pm

No I "bought" an FA06 but the keybed was not great and let the rest of it down big time. They keys are shorter and have less depth than most keyboards and it felt quite springy even for a synth. I had the Korg Krome and Yamaha MOXF to compare with at the same time.

Soundwise the FA06 was fine and the ability to download more sounds from the Axial website was a real bonus.

The reason I particularly like the JD-Xi apart from the sounds is the form factor. It would fit very nicely on my desk in front of the iMac :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:14 am

Well if you didn't like the FA keybed, then you definitely won't like the JD-Xi keybed. But as I said the keybed of the JD-Xi should be merely seen as a means to enter notes into the step sequencer (or to play a few chords for real time recording into the sequencer), not as a live performance keyboard.

But yes, the form factor is great, my JD-Xi sits perfectly on my desk between the PC keyboard and the monitor making it very accessible for spontaneous use.
My Yamaha RM50 page
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:28 pm

I doubt the keys would be any worse than the Korg microKey and IK Multimedia iRig Keys I have here at the moment! I seem to be going through a phase of being stuck with mini keys right now. However as I need to keep reminding myself, I just don't have space for much else at the moment. might give Roland a shout. Would be interesting to see how I get on with the JD-Xi.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:08 pm

I have started a new thread about the JD-Xi now as here we are slightly off-topic. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9612
My Yamaha RM50 page

Return to “Korg Products Not Covered By Their Own Section”