Parcel2Go and the ongoing mystery of the missing parcel!

A Place to blow off some steam. If your annoyed, angry, generally fed up with things here is your place to let it all out

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Parcel2Go and the ongoing mystery of the missing parcel!

Unread post by Saul »

Wow this Parcel2Go debacle just rumbles on :evil:

So after all that faffing around with their twitter team telling me BOTH parcels would be re-delivered to the recipient and then going back on that and saying the one good parcel i.e Hermes hadn't kicked it around the warehouse, was now being delivered back to me it turned up today...in one piece however, they didn't show it was out for delivery on the tracking info and no one rang the bell or knocked on the door. They just left it in the hallway. It would still be there only I fell over it on my way out to the shops this evening. Complete bunch of cowboys!

NOW, there is no tracking info at all. So we have no idea where the alleged damaged parcel is. The idiots stuck both parcels on one tracking number so now it looks like the delivery was successful when in fact it was anything but!

Luckily I still have the receipt showing two different consignment numbers as of course it was two parcels but sent at the same time.

Parcel2Go are doing their usual "we can't do anything" and at the same time protecting their mate Hermes.

NEVER, EVER, Under any circumstances trust Parcel2Go or Hermes to deliver anything to anyone. I wouldn't trust them to take a parcel across the road let along across the country. :twisted:

Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Parcel2Go and the ongoing mystery of the missing parcel!

Unread post by Saul »

So this story get's more bizarre by the day!

Yesterday I received one of the parcels back. I assumed the undamaged one as it was in perfect condition.

Today another parcel turns up, again just left outside my door, no knock, no indication anything was on it's way but here's the thing. It was also in perfect condition. No damage whatsoever. All nicely packed and sealed exactly as I sent it and the speaker was fine!

So idiot Hermes have caused all this delay and frustration for absolutely nothing! :evil:

We all knew of course that when they said "the parcel was split wide open and leaking" that this could not possibly be the case. How does a wood and metal speaker "leak"?

No doubt I am now going to have to move mountains to get the postage refunded and of course I am also now going to have to deliver the speakers myself which will cost me the same as the postage but at least I KNOW they will arrive in one piece.

Parcel2Go have been completely bloody useless throughout this whole fiasco. All they managed to do was get in the way and slow the whole process down at the same time as putting Hermes first and the customer last. PLEASE if your sending anything anywhere DO NOT use Parcel2Go!
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

SysExJohn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Wellingborough, Northants, UK.

Unread post by SysExJohn »

What a cock-up!
UW500; 2 x MU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
Privia PX-560; AN1x; Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Finale 26; Sonar 7 PE and CbB.
XGworks v4; SQ01; SOL2. Garritan GPO5; COMB2; JABB3; IO; Organs; Steinway; World; Harps; CFX Concert Grand.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

I delivered both parcels myself today. Was the only way to be sure they would reach the buyer in one piece. So at least that part turned out to be a happy ending...with no help from Hermes or Parcel2Go of course :evil:
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: West Midlands, UK.

Unread post by jima »

Glad you finally got a result. I have used Parcel2Go in the past a few times but this has certainly been an eye-opener and I won't be using them again after your tale of woe. I have stopped using comparison sites generally for transactions but I do find them useful to get a baseline before having the usual annual renewal fencing match with my vehicle insurers of choice who I of course have to call 'Direct'ly if you get my drift. It goes something like this:

Me: Last year was £190, one year further on with no claims and you are asking £280. I know IP tax has increased by 2% (the barstewards) but that is highway robbery (literally) - what gives?

Them: OK, let me see what I can do.

Me: thanks, please don't make me waste hours of my life trawling around comparison sites. There isn't a comparison site for comparison sites and I'm sick of meerkats and opera singers.

Them: OK, best I can do is £180.

Me: OK, I'll take that gladly but why didn't you just put that price in the renewal documents to start with and save us both a chore?

Them: hhhmmmmppppfpfppffff.

If only I could do the same with parcels! I have to say, the High Commander has mounted a one-woman campaign to drive Next share prices up and the local delivery agent is Hermes. Anne-Marie is a peach and we have never had a problem in years but I accept that there will be local variations.
Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(

shadowmask
sector101.co.uk
sector101.co.uk

Unread post by shadowmask »

I see this video today suggesting that a worker for Hermes simply tossed the packages into bushes rather than delivering them. Maybe they work on a bonus scheme for quick delivery, or tossed in there for someone else to grab them.

https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/vide ... 469483273/

Brian
Sector101 Website - Memory Solutions for Synthesizers
Sector101 Blog - PCB Projects / Repair / Guides
Sector101 SoundCloud
Gear: SY85 / TG500 / Supernova II Key + Rack / MOXF-6 / FG410
Landfill: TG300 x2 / TD-3 x2 / PSR 500 / PSR 4600 / PSR 5700 / SPX900 / ReMote 61LE

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

See this is the kind of crap that goes on with couriers. We have now farmed out deliveries to people who are completely unsuitable to handle our goods. What sort of background checks do courier companies perform? Do we know who the courier was? Looks like it may have been one of Hermes.
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

Unread post by parametric »

Its high time this ridiculous MESS was sorted out.

The industry is clearly incapable - or unwilling, to do this themselves - so they must be MADE to, in some way.

A hefty fine perhaps for the first "infringement" . . . then a removal of the licence to trade for

12 months, for a further infringement?

We live in a culture of online shopping - and delivery is an ESSENTIAL part of that "service".

The Couriers often pay unrealistically low wages to drivers, who are mostly self-employed and therefore

do not have the benefits of employment MOST of us enjoy.

The Couriers demand an unrealistic number of "drops" per day.

It is often a condition of "return of, or reimbursement for DAMAGED GOODS, that the Item(s) are

CHECKED on receipt - BEFORE being signed for . . . .

Couriers are generally NOT happy to wait while this is done due to number of "drops" they have to achieve.

This RIDICULOUS paradox has LONG TIME needed sorting out, and will probably require Legislation to do it.

Leaving the industry to sort it out HASN'T WORKED - (it generally doesn't where PROFIT is involved).

It will be interesting to see just HOW LONG it takes . . . . :oops:

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

I think successive governments have shirked issues like this for far too long. It's been proved time and time again that if you leave an industry to regulate itself they invariably don't bother. Sure they come up with "codes of conduct" and so on but these are simply platitudes and have no real teeth.

It runs through all private service enterprise be it lawyers, banks, estate agents or BT none of them adhere to their codes of conduct because they are "advisory" only.

How can any politician look at that video and think nothing needs to be done about it? I wonder how many mp's have vested interests in the courier business?
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

tux
Location.: Europe

Unread post by tux »

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
My Yamaha RM50 page
My Yamaha synths: RM50, TG77, TG500, CS6R (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-DX)

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

tux wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:48 pm
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
That is certainly part of the problem. In order not to make goods so expensive we wouldn't buy them they need to keep the delivery costs low. If we are paying so little for delivery you can imagine how much the driver gets 8O

Needs to be a big shift in how deliveries are handled and I think Amazon are going down the right route with automation. Drones and driverless cars. Ok yes I know that tech is still in it's early stages and quite problematic but if you don't need to pay drivers and a drone or driverless car can text you to let you know your delivery is arriving it's got to be better than relying on a human such as the one in that video?
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Drones? . . . .

Serving "yourself" from the back of a van?

I have visions of customers helping themselves to a selection of parcels in addition to theirs . . . .

I think as a species, we're not civilised enough to allow THAT to work yet . . . . . :lol:

I'd like to see more "Collect" solutions - Post Office/Argos Stores NEAR you/Supermarkets could provide this too .

So you don't have the "Stay in ALL DAY" scenario . . . .

Automation is not the solution in all cases . . . . for example, automated help-lines . . . .

at least five minutes of blithering (We ALSO DO . . . ) BEFORE you get to speak to someone . . . . .

THEIR thought processes and selection choices are often NOT the same as yours . . . .

YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE!

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

I think in some cases I would rather speak to an AI.

I had a delivery recently and was expecting three packages. The delivery driver brought one with him and when I queried it he just looked at me as though I was speaking a foreign language. Turns out he was right. He only spoke Portuguese..literally. Not a word of English..or even French which might have helped. Not only that but I went with him to the van to see if I could locate the missing packages and it was a complete mess in there. Everything was all over the place like he had rolled the van!

He then started talking into his phone. I thought he was calling his office but no, he was using translation software to let me know he couldn't find the packages. That would have been ok if the software translated well...which it didn't so really we got no further forward and I left it at that. THEN to my astonishment I watched him get back in the drivers seat, close the door and drive off WITHOUT closing the back doors! 8O

It was only the fact that he had to brake hard to avoid hitting the car in front that slammed the doors shut!

I also noticed when I was down by the van that all his tyres were almost bald!

So yes, drones and automation may not suit everyone but I will be fine with it as soon as they sort the bugs out.

In the meantime, yes collection points and drop off points are what we need more of. There used to be a great one near where we are at the moment but it closed down :(
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

parametric wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:51 pm
Its high time this ridiculous MESS was sorted out.

The industry is clearly incapable - or unwilling, to do this themselves - so they must be MADE to, in some way.

A hefty fine perhaps for the first "infringement" . . . then a removal of the licence to trade for

12 months, for a further infringement?

We live in a culture of online shopping - and delivery is an ESSENTIAL part of that "service".

The Couriers often pay unrealistically low wages to drivers, who are mostly self-employed and therefore

do not have the benefits of employment MOST of us enjoy.

The Couriers demand an unrealistic number of "drops" per day.

It is often a condition of "return of, or reimbursement for DAMAGED GOODS, that the Item(s) are

CHECKED on receipt - BEFORE being signed for . . . .

Couriers are generally NOT happy to wait while this is done due to number of "drops" they have to achieve.

This RIDICULOUS paradox has LONG TIME needed sorting out, and will probably require Legislation to do it.

Leaving the industry to sort it out HASN'T WORKED - (it generally doesn't where PROFIT is involved).

It will be interesting to see just HOW LONG it takes . . . . :oops:

parametric
Present situation for me . . . . .this time . . . DHL . . . .

OK - I understand the CoronaVirus situation . . . . . but LOOK at the number of drops - and I might not be the LAST today. :o

at the time of this posting, I am drop no. 115. Driver is on his way to drop 17 . . . .

No wonder they'd rather not wait for you to inspect the content (as their T&Cs require for claims) . . . .

DHL delivery progress.jpg

parametric

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

It will be a miracle if that DHL driver makes it to you today Chris!

We do need a complete shake-up of the parcel delivery services in this country.

Look at ParcelHero and their £2.35 surcharge they add onto the original price just for delivering to a "private address" 8O

Their rather lame excuse for that was the courier companies charge them extra for it so they are only passing it onto the customer! However none of the others including ParcelMonkey and our friends who are the subject of this thread, Parcel2Go are making this extra charge. It is complete nonsense and just another way to fleece the customer out of some extra cash.

Also, there is still that matter of "insurance". For most things, you send it is a complete waste of money. The only people who benefit are the companies charging for it. Read the "exclusions" list first and you will soon discover that they pretty much do not cover anything at all!

Anyway, good luck with DHL. They mostly employ local agency drivers these days and most of them are the last sort of people you would want handling your package :(
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr