CFX stage patch sends signal to VAR effect

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Netherlands
evrooij

CFX stage patch sends signal to VAR effect

Unread post by evrooij » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:47 am

Hi All,

I thought I posted this before, but that post is lost one way or another? Otherwise it is a duplicate :D

Starting with a INIt MULTI/GM,
When I add the "CFX Stage" patch to any of the PARTS, the signal of this patch is also sent to the VAR effect of the Multi.
while the SEND is definitely set to 0 .
Listening to the sound i guestimate that there is at least a 50 % signal "leaking" to the VAR effect.
Only way of avoiding this is to set the VAR return to 0 or to disable the VAR effect completely. (Or sending to anything else but MAInL&R.

This is ONLY happening with the CFX-STage , Thi sis NOT happening with e.g. CFX PopStudio Grand.
I have been comparing the CFX-STage patch with the CFX PopStudio Grand, but i can not see any differences between these patches that may explain this behaviour.

Any thoughts anyone
User avatar Netherlands
evrooij

Re: CFX stage patch sends signal to VAR effect

Unread post by evrooij » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Is there really noone with this same problem? or Am i overlooking something?
User avatar Great Britain
mick_n

Unread post by mick_n » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:47 pm

I will check this out on mine if I get some free time this afternoon.
EX5, W7, MU100R, Motif 6 classic, roland SC33, Motif rack ES, Akai MPK88,Casio PX5S, MOXF 6, MODX 8,
User avatar Great Britain
mick_n

Unread post by mick_n » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Confirmed, same here. Also affects "CFX Concert" patch.

Investigation ongoing.
EX5, W7, MU100R, Motif 6 classic, roland SC33, Motif rack ES, Akai MPK88,Casio PX5S, MOXF 6, MODX 8,
User avatar Bulgaria
Kal1n_M

Unread post by Kal1n_M » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 am

Aren't these using two types of Reverb (one in Rev and one in Var insert effect slots) as part of reproducing the "proximity" or distance in the hall effect with the Super knob? Therefore the Super knob is applying an offset to your Var = 0, which explains why it keeps sending signal to VAR.

Try adding it with Parameter with Part disabled (the 3 options on the bottom of the screen while you search for part to add). This will keep your current part programming and only add the elements from the part you are adding.

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”