A replacement for the PX5s or the Px560?

Covering The Full Range Of Casio Privia Pianos

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Dons

A replacement for the PX5s or the Px560?

Unread post by Dons » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm

I remember having read some posts here on a possible replacement for the PX5s or the PX560. Is there any new info out there?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A replacement for the PX5s or the Px560?

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:33 pm

Dons wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm
I remember having read some posts here on a possible replacement for the PX5s or the PX560. Is there any new info out there?
No replacement that I am aware of. We did speculate that Casio might bring out something but I raised this at a meeting I had with them a few weeks ago and they said there was nothing in the works at the moment. All efforts seem to be on the digital piano market.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Uganda
SysExJohn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SysExJohn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Those posts were really just pure speculation about possible new versions.

As far as I'm aware, most manufacturers want at least a five year lifetime, to get the maximum return from the development investment, out of products like digital pianos. If the product is still selling well then they just carry on churning them out until some component is no longer available or some such. I'm sure Casio is no different here.

Whether they replace a product in a particular market nche will also depend on how successful the product has been deemed to be and whether a replacement will sell well. I've no idea what the worldwide sales figures look like for the PX5S or the 560M.

My own guess is that they might start looking at replacing these two keyboards next year, which would mean that they probably wouldn't be made available until late '21 at the very earliest. But I suspect the success of the 1000 and 3000 in this market sector might well delay any start of redesign.

We can but speculate.

I've been trying to recall when the two keyboards came out.
It seems the 5s was around spring time 2013 and the 560 autumn 2015.
So it would seem the 5S should be in lne for an upgrade soon (if ever).
UW500; 2xMU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
Privia PX-560, AN1x, Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Sonar 7 PE and now CbB. XGworks.
Garritan GPO4 and GPO5, COMB2, JABB3, IO, Organs, Steinway, World, Harps ... and now CFX Concert Grand.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:49 pm

I am just guessing but I think the focus certainly over the past two years has been on changing perceptions about the 'CASIO' music brand. And I think I would be right in saying they have succeeded in this? I have had people write to me saying they previously would have been embarrassed to have the name 'Casio' on a keyboard they used for a gig but that is no longer the case :)

I think once the team at Casio are happy with where they are in the market and how the brand is perceived they may well go ahead and bring out a pro level synth to replace the PX5S. They need to be sure people will buy it and it will not end up as another great keyboard that didn't take off simply because it has 'Casio' written on it.

The CT-X series and the new PX series have been a huge success for Casio as has their Grand Hybrid piano range. So things are definitely moving in the right direction (Y)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer

Return to “Casio Privia Piano Forum”