CP4 vs CP5

The CP4 STAGE is simply the best stage piano Yamaha has ever made.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

paulseig
United States of America

CP4 vs CP5

Unread post by paulseig » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Has anyone had both the CP5 and the newer CP4 ? I'd like to know , does the New CFX Voice in the CP4, make it worth buying?? Is it that much nicer then the CFIIIs in the CP5. Thanks, Paul
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: CP4 vs CP5

Unread post by Saul » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi Paul. Apologies for the late response.

The CFX in the CP4 does sound rather wonderful. Do you already own the CP5 or were you just looking for some advice for comparison?

One of the main problems is as I am sure you know, asking people about sounds is a bit of a minefield because I may think something sounds great and you might think it's rubbish. That doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong just we hear things slightly differently and prefer one type of sound over another.

I think the CFX sounds superb and a lot of that is down to the mix of samples with modelling...I'm a big fan of modelled sounds over samples :) Plus of course there are many variations within the CP4 so it's a versatile keyboard.

I can only say what I would do personally and I would absolutely purchase the CP4 rather than the CP5.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
wavesequence
Italy

Re: CP4 vs CP5

Unread post by wavesequence » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:07 pm

I've never had CP5 but I'm a very happy owner of CP4. Before choosing a stage piano I'm used to study its owner manual to gather information that doesn't came easy after a hands-on trial.
Although sound and keyboard action are the final words, I'm interested also into MIDI and masterkeyboard capabilities and sound engine for producing extra sounds non piano related.
Making a comparison between CP5 and CP4 I discovered the former has 4 independent Parts vs 3 Parts on the latter. This means that up to 4 different timbres can be spread on the keyboard, split or layered. And also synthesizer capabilities on the CP5 are wider, while the editing of non piano timbres is bare bones.
To sum up, while CP4 has wonderful piano timbres and is more limited, CP5 is more versatile although its piano timbres are a little outdated.
Yamaha CP4 Montage 7 Motif XF7 AN1x FS1R Motif ES Rack+2 PLG150-AN CS6R+PLG150-VL+PLG150-AN TG77 MU90R Roland JD-Xi D-05 JX-10+PG-800 MKS-70+PG800 FantomXR+6SRX JD-990+SR-JV80-04 JV-2080+8SR-JV80 MGS-64 Korg microKORG microKORG XL+ 2 Wavestation A/D M1REX 03R/W Emu Proteus 2000 Morpheus Waldorf Blofeld desktop Novation Mininova TC Helicon VoiceWorks Plus
Yamaha 01V+MY8AD 2 MotU 828MKIII 2 8PRE 2 Lexicon MX-400 Alesis MIDIVERBIV Yamaha MSP-7 MSP-5 MSP-3 JBL LSR305 LSR310S

Return to “Yamaha CP4 Stage Piano”