A terrible wrong step!

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

purcell
Germany

A terrible wrong step!

Unread post by purcell » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:56 pm

A terrible wrong step!
1,2,3 seconds that change your life!

Out of the blue - in the flat - the right foot stumbles.
I fall to the right side...no control!
The whole body weight crashes on the wrist and arm right!
Wrist and right arm completely broken! :roll:

Happened on 22 december 2017
Came out of the hospital today.

Consequences: suddenly left-handed - no driving possible - keyboard only lefthanded! ...etc. etc. etc.
It is unbelievable how important the right hand is :!: :!: :!:

SUMMARY : SHIT HAPPENS !!! You can not do anything about it.

A sudden brutal BANG BANG - out of nowhere - and you are in another world.

Topic: security and housing

In the spring it should already be "better" for me...I count every day until the 21st of march 2018!
Sawing wood! someone was next to me, who sawed with a chainsaw in his right foot.

We celebrated christmas...he always asked: when can I drive my car again?
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: A terrible wrong step!

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 pm

sorry to hear about that Purcell. I did wonder why we had not seen you on the forum.

Probably NOT the way you thought your new year would start! Sounds incredibly painful :(
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wales

Unread post by Derek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Ouch. Hope you are on the mend.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 pm

I can only compare that to a sudden - completely unexpected car accident - from nothing.
I've never had a bone fracture before that.

This sudden brutal reality from nothing ... you do not normally know.

If I now read "car accident with seriously injured" ...I can imagine what that means for the injured.
life is abrupt - very different.

Thank you! Derek and Saul!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Yes life does tend to throw these curve balls as you get older. The first time I had a kidney stone I thought I was dying. I have never experienced such excruciating pain in my life! I never understood how pain could make a person pass out or be physically sick until that moment. Spent all night in hospital dosed up on morphine..which would have killed me had my wife not been keeping a close eye on the amounts they were giving me. Essentially they overdosed me because it had not been recorded on the chart so the nurse that came on the next shift gave me another dose. My heart almost stopped!....all because of a kidney stone.

Yep getting older proves to be quite "interesting"
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:27 pm

"which would have killed me had my wife not been keeping a close eye on the amounts they were giving me. Essentially they overdosed me because it had not been recorded on the chart so the nurse that came on the next shift gave me another dose. My heart almost stopped!"

At Christmas, it was completely overcrowded and chaotic in all the clinics.
I should be operated on immediately.( Best conditions! = At once!) But another accident prevented that. So I had a delay for 5 days!
The operating rooms were overcrowded. = Worst is First!

Injections and infusions, tablets I noticed and asked again and again.
Because that was really all very aggressive, highly efficient medicine.
With real potential deadly side effects. Even "Novaminsulfon"! Forbidden in UK and other countries.
in this chaotic Christmas situation.

I "chose" the worst day ... to "get" to the hospital: 22/23 December...as an emergency.

i just wonder: how will the hand and the arm be in half a year?
30%, 50%, 70% --- 90%?
A lottery!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 pm

I always thought Germany was a model of efficiency and perfection but it seems those days are long gone?

Christmas is probably one of the worst times to be in hospital but it's obviously doubly worse if your not being treated properly. How can they leave broken bones like that for so long? Seems like something from the dark ages!

Not much better here in the UK though. Overcrowded hospitals. Patients having to wait in ambulances and be treated there or in corridors..even people left to die in corridors:( This is NOT the national health service we envisaged when it was first set up back in 1948.

It is now being over used by people who should never be in hospital. The amount of time and money spent on people who get drunk every weekend and end up in the accident & emergency depts is draining our resources. That and all the people who turn up at the hospital for things they could very well look after themselves of through a visit to their local doctor.

Whatever happens though Purcell, I am sure you will adapt. There are plenty of great musicians out there who have suffered injury and rather than let it stop them they rise to the challenge and become better musicians for it :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:28 pm

i have had a very sad experience!
In the emergency ambulance I waited for a radiograph.
A young girl pushes forward and asks the nurse: "Can't you help my mother ... she's so bad?"

The nurse: "NO!!!" ...stand in the back! And complain to the federal government about the understaffed conditions here!"

The girl had tears in her eyes. And stood in the back again.

"Completely overworked nurses,to make the production line work"...A nurse told me that!
Many patients have only pityed the completely overworked and over-tired nurses.

A nurse: "If we make mistakes under this conditions, we can also count on criminal consequences."

The "RICH GERMANY" :roll: (told and written everywhere!) ... Where is it??? :?:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There are plenty of great musicians out there who have suffered injury and rather than let it stop them they rise to the challenge and become better musicians for it :)" ..... Thank you!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 am

That's so sad. People needing help and there is none...even at a hospital :(

Is that the same situation over the whole of Germany though? In the UK it depends entirely on where you live. In some places...mostly in the South things are generally good but the further north you go the worse it gets. That is not to say we don't have some bad hospitals in the south but not as many.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 am

Saul wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 pm
It is now being over used by people who should never be in hospital. The amount of time and money spent on people who get drunk every weekend and end up in the accident & emergency depts is draining our resources. That and all the people who turn up at the hospital for things they could very well look after themselves of through a visit to their local doctor.
Absolutely Saul - as parametric heads for the "don't get me started" forum . . . . .

Pointing the finger at the HUGE DRINKS Companies that make MILLIONS selling Alcoholic beverages - not to say the Government that rakes in enormous amounts in tax, along with it . . . .

I'm sorry, but simply printing "drink responsibly" or drinkaware.com on the label does NOT

constitute "Job-Done" in "Social Responsibility" terms.

Licenses to Trade in the UK for these (often Multinational) companies Must IMO be RENEGOTIATED to include an undertaking to BUILD, STAFF and FUND Medical establishments for repairing the damage their products DO, both MEDICAL and PSYCHOLOGICAL.

Funding can be taken equally from Managerial Salaries AND Shareholder dividend.

(I like this solution better than creating a TAX solution for those companies - as the Government could simply not be trusted, behind closed doors - to place the money with the NHS . . . )

It is NOT acceptable that huge profits are made by these companies, while the NHS picks up the tab for the fallout they create - not to say the Policing costs in picking these arseholes out of the gutter on Friday and Saturday nights . . .

Its already well understood that Alcohol is DANGEROUSLY ADDITIVE - which is quite sufficient to justify this stance.

The NHS could then concentrate it's already meagre resources in the OTHER areas it is required to cover.

IMO the SAME argument exists for Online Gambling.

This is also DANGEROUSLY ADDICTIVE - yet, unlike TOBACCO - it is advertised ALL DAY LONG on the commercial channels, often offering FREE MONEY to get you started ( . . er . . I mean HOOKED) - with the same pathetic "Lipservice" to social "responsibility" . . . . gambleaware.com . . . . etc.

which is like saying "we acknowledge the problem, but wash our hands of it". AKA "We don't give a sh1t"

(I can feel a Midnight Watershed for Ads. coming on . . . . )

I DO have personal knowledge of how bad this addiction can get.

We're not talking pawning some jewellery here . . . We're talking "surprise" second mortgages . . . .

Strange how these parasitic operations NEVER quote their REAL "Mission Statement" . . . . .
A fool and his money are soon parted
The EXISTENCE and prosperity of Las Vegas alone should suggest which way the odds are stacked . . . . :roll: :roll:

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Everything depends on where you live!
Away from the big cities,in the countryside - you are really lost! "Emsland",Niedersachsen, etc.
Almost all big cities have big university hospitals! Hamburg,Essen,Düsseldorf etc.
It is - because of the size of the clinics - mostly very good there.

Everything depends on where you live! :!: Big cities ok! ... countryside very bad,worst...!
It´s a lottery!...But "Emsland" is a drama!...everywhere only farms and meadows and fields! No or hardly any doctors are there.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:33 pm

We have a slightly different situation here in that the small clinics out in the countryside are often easier to get in to and of better quality.

Where we lived before moving here was way out in the countryside. We were surrounded by just fields and trees...bliss! Our doctor at that time was based in a small village about 3 miles away. There was never a problem getting an appointment and it was never crowded, usually just three or four people waiting at one time. There were also plenty of staff and the doctors were good and spent time with each patient.

Contrast that with the large town we now live in. It's incredibly difficult to get an appointment to see a doctor. Everyone has to phone at 8.30am to try and get an appointment. You can't book in advance and the staff are seeming there to make life as difficult as possible, often trying to dissuade you from seeing a doctor at all.

Of course they are dealing with a large population and overworked doctors but what's the point of the whole thing if the doctor is only going to spend 5 minutes with you, not listen to what you are saying and then ask YOU what you think is the problem?

As Chris mentioned, we have a huge problem with alcohol and gambling in the UK. Visit any town centre here on a Friday night and you will clearly see the results of cheap booze in action. People...mostly young people, drinking themselves into oblivion, throwing up and/or urinating in shop doorways...businesses that have to start the following morning cleaning up this mess. The Police spend most of the Friday and Saturday nights picking people up off the streets and arresting others for fighting. The accident and emergency centres around the country get flooded with all these drunks, the staff have to put up with abuse and often violence and the whole sorry sage is repeated every single weekend.

No government is going to kill off the golden goose of tax revenue from alcohol so although they make a lot of noise about restrictions and levies they never actually tackle the problem and so it goes on year after year.

The simple truth is, we can't afford it. If we continue to overload our NHS with all this completely unnecessary drain on it's resources we simply won't have a recognisable NHS in the future. It is already crumbling and rather than increase the burden on the industry that drives all this they simply raise more money from US through tax and stealth tax.

I'm guessing you have similar problems in Germany now Purcell?
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Sure! Alcohol, gambling, violence, car racing illegally, ....are well known problems here.
But this is most important: ON TV - Block the emergency ambulance - nationwide - with trivialities.
cough, fever, runny nose, headache etc.

All this overloads the system...and generates immense costs!
So there are people - day and night - with absolute little things ... in the emergency ambulance.
Instead of going to the family doctor. The next day!

Advantage emergency ambulance: Immediate treatment - low waiting time. Just unbelievable!

That´s really a current and huge problem here.
Then there are the alcohol cases, beating, etc in addition.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The rescue service is threatened or insulted.
NEW: gawper - and car accidents etc - hamper the rescue service and the police!
Competition: Who makes the best youtube video of the accident - with a lot of blood etc.?

Today news: 17 year old boy shoots silvester rockets across the highway. From the moving car. 5 guys arrested.
jens5
Ireland

Unread post by jens5 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Saul wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 pm
Yes life does tend to throw these curve balls as you get older. The first time I had a kidney stone I thought I was dying. I have never experienced such excruciating pain in my life! I never understood how pain could make a person pass out or be physically sick until that moment. Spent all night in hospital dosed up on morphine..which would have killed me had my wife not been keeping a close eye on the amounts they were giving me. Essentially they overdosed me because it had not been recorded on the chart so the nurse that came on the next shift gave me another dose. My heart almost stopped!....all because of a kidney stone.

Yep getting older proves to be quite "interesting"
I had the same thing happen with my 1st stone Saul. In the ER when staff change was occurring. They had already given me max dose morphine. New nurse came by and gave me nother max dose. Almost died.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 pm

It does make you wonder how many people have actually died in hospitals because of incidents like this! It's a very scary though that the people you put your trust in to look after you could actually end up killing you!
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Return to “Chill Out Room”