Musikmesse 2018... a Horrorshow?

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:47 pm

musikmesse_2018.png
MusikMesse 2018
Not a Horrorshow but a big "News & Highlights" NOTHING! Again and again and again!...

https://www.delamar.de/news/musikmesse/

Synthesizer, Keyboard :lol: ((i)) :mrgreen:

https://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelans ... sizer.html

It's really true!
They are not planning and constructing anything anymore!
How nice that I own the absolutely ultimate YAMAHA (workstation / synth) product: the MOXF! :mrgreen: :lol:

YAMAHA! :twisted: Do you know what? ... Go to .... :evil: !
tux
Kiribati

Re: Musikmesse 2018... a Horrorshow?

Unread post by tux » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Purcell, why do you always need new stuff?

Get to know and play with the synths you have rather than always craving for new synths.

Is your aim to always just buy stuff or to actually use it?

BTW, always ranting and moaning isn't good for your heart, people who think positive live longer.
My Yamaha RM50 page
My Yamaha synths: RM50, TG77, TG500, EX5R, CS6R (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-DX)
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:16 am

I don´t need ALWAYS new stuff!
It would be nice ... at least to know ... when all that old stuff is finally off the market.

It isn´t "ranting and moaning" ... Just amazing ... as long as you can sell the old and ancient stuff. For a crazy price too.

But I'm done with all that rubbish! ... Good luck with the FUTURE SYNTHS!
Simply wait for the next NAMMs...and MUSIKMESSEN! :mrgreen: :lol:

YAMAHA, ROLAND, KORG....NAMMs...and MUSIKMESSEN!
Everything just a bad joke! ((i)) :lol: :mrgreen:

I thought it impossible - to be fooled for years! But YAMAHA does that very easily.
tux
Kiribati

Unread post by tux » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 am

purcell wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:16 am
But I'm done with all that rubbish! ... Good luck with the FUTURE SYNTHS!
Simply wait for the next NAMMs...and MUSIKMESSEN! :mrgreen: :lol:
Great, I hope that means no more ranting threads from you?

Maybe you could post some of the music you make with your existing synths, I'd love to hear what you do when you are creative.
My Yamaha RM50 page
My Yamaha synths: RM50, TG77, TG500, EX5R, CS6R (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-DX)
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Love the title of the thread ;) Not entirely sure the rest of the music world would agree but everyone to their own.

You know it is JUST a trade show. It's not a guarantee that Roland, Yamaha, Korg etc will come out with a new megasynth at every show. It's more about the business side of musical instrument retailing than making a big splash with expensive new products. And you can be sure that were Yamaha to bring out a new mid range keyboard it would still be rather pricey and probably would not have all the features you want.

Did I want to see a mid-range Montage? definitely. But not seeing one doesn't affect my day to day life or my ability to make music. It's just a wish, the icing on the cake so to speak. I have more than enough software to make any sort of music I want and to do it fairly easily so I am not going to bash Yamaha just because they didn't meet my expectations. It will come, just have to wait a while longer :)

I have said it many times before but you really do have to take on board that Yamaha is a BUSINESS just like any other. Their overriding aim is to provide value for money products that not only give us musicians a way to do what we want to do but also to provide a large profit for the company, otherwise what is the point? Without the profit there is no business and hence no new keyboards, guitars, drums and the myriad of other Instruments and audio gear Yamaha make.

Sure we all look forward to the release of a new bit of gear but musicians make music, we don't stop making music just because Yamaha or any other company is not bringing us new products every year?

So definitely carry on discussing new/old gear and what you would like to see etc but let's just crack on with making the music, that's the really important thing in all this :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello Saul! ...
As a fortuneteller you have an amazing hit rate! ((i))
Almost everything has been correctly predicted ... even with the background. Since years!

The (open) WINDOWS 10 with duration problems. Predicted very early with background. Because it is an "open system" for all things.
The (closed) expensive MAC as a solution for Windows 10. Predicted very early with background.
Working fine always "because is is a closed system".

No new synths or workstations expected from YAMAHA. The truth! Predicted very early with background. (Make money!)

I can only be astonished to note: All true!
-------------------------------------------------
I do not expect anything at all!
Everything is always different anyway ... than I expect.

However, I understood: for 1000 € ¬ MOXF...
I can not expect "dream instruments etc.". Is the budget for the pianos 25 € ? (MOXF)... they sound like that too!

Return to “Chill Out Room”