Social Media Sharing and how you can help the forum

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Social Media Sharing and how you can help the forum

Unread post by Saul » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Thought this was worth mentioning again as we have had a lot of new members since last I brought it up.

As you all will have noticed there are a series of social media share buttons at the start and end of each post as well as in the menu bar at the top right of the forum. Many of you will never use social media and that's fine, this post is not for you but for those of you who do have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn accounts etc I would ask that you use the social media sharing tools to share forum posts to your accounts.

Keep in mind that is is not just the people your connected with that see these shares and although you may think your followers would not be interested in some of the posts there may be others who don't follow you who will see them and perhaps share to their own accounts.

The reason why all of this is important is because it boosts traffic to the forum and increases visitor participation. That in turn helps bring new members and so we all benefit.

A forum that stands still and does not expand is a dying forum and we have all put way too much work in over the years to let that happen.

Happily I can say that our traffic and membership is on a steady increase so looks like everything is headed in the right direction.

Once again I should emphasise this post is ONLY for those people who use social media. It's not a kicking off point for complaints ABOUT social media...we have the 'don't get me started' section for that ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay DC/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting www.rabbittree.uk

Return to “Chill Out Room”