Moderators: parametric, Buzzard, Derek, Saul

Davhol
United States of America

Yamaha Genos

Unread post by Davhol » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:33 am

yamaha_genos.png
Yamaha Genos
Hi everyone! New to the forum....
Having a bit of trouble with my new Genos. Anyone know how to layer the right hand voices? My issue is that I can select a voice for the 2nd and third voices but I can't turn them ON.
THANK YOU!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Yamaha Genos

Unread post by Saul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am

Hi Dave

As you know I don't own a Genos :( However just been browsing the manual and on page 48 it talks about setting up keyboard parts including layering.
There are four keyboard parts for your manual performance: LEFT, RIGHT 1, RIGHT 2 and RIGHT 3, and each part has
one Voice. You can combine these parts by using the PART ON/OFF buttons to create luscious instrument textures and
convenient performance combinations.
So if each "part" has one voice then it is the "parts" you are essentially layering not individual sounds if you see what I mean?

My understanding is you would select a part and a voice for it. Turn it on, then select another part and turn that on and so on.
To play two or three different Voices simultaneously (Layer):
Turn on two or more parts from RIGHT 1, 2 and 3.
Maybe that is what you are already doing and it's not working?

Also found this:
The Genos, like Tyros 5, breaks the keyboard into four zones/layers: LEFT, RIGHT1, RIGHT2, and RIGHT3. The RIGHTx parts allow two or three voice layers. If the LEFT part is turned off, the RIGHTx voices extend across the full keyboard. If the LEFT part is turned on, the keyboard is divided into LEFT and RIGHTx zones. The LEFT part plays only one voice (no layering).
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay DC/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting www.rabbittree.uk
Davhol
United States of America

Unread post by Davhol » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Saul, you gave me exactly what I was looking for! Very helpful! Thanks for taking the time for answering me!
Love the beautiful voices on this instrument!
For some reason, buttons (on the psr s950) , were more intuitive to me than using the display touch screen to navigate. In time, I'm sure that will change!
Thanx again!!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Glad that helped Dave :)

The Genos is an incredible powerhouse of an instrument and with all that is packed inside it is going to be a voyage of discovery. You will get used to the touch screen after a while. I prefer touch screens myself as that sort of tactile graphic interface suits the way I work.

I will definitely get a Genos at some point, just need an income level to match ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay DC/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting www.rabbittree.uk

Return to “Yamaha Genos Forum”