Yamaha Genos

Yamaha Genos digital workstation keyboard

Moderators: parametric, Buzzard, Derek, Saul

Davhol
United States of America

Yamaha Genos

Unread post by Davhol » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:00 pm

I've now been playing with the Yamaha Genos for several days. I'm a senior (72) so things come slowly to my brain. With that said, there are great similarities between the Genos and psr s950 except for the fact that you're using the display vs buttons in most cases. As Saul told me I would, I'm already becoming more comfortable using the display to navigate.
The biggest difference (I'm a player, NOT a composer) is the sound quality of the voices and the ability to layer THREE, rather than TWO, voices on the right hand.
The voices are, in a word , SPECTACULAR!
I would guess, from what I've read in the manuals, that COMPOSERS would reap many other benefits as well.
For me, I paid a lot for better voice quality. IT IS WORTH IT for me personally!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Yamaha Genos

Unread post by Saul » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:33 pm

I think it would be worth it for me also Dave but unfortunately a Genos is way out of my budget even with a discount from Yamaha :( If that ever changes then I will definitely go for it because, even though I won't use most of it's features it does have the compositional components that I would find useful and of course, as you alluded to the sound quality is superb!

I think Yamaha hit a home run with Genos. In many ways it is the ultimate keyboard. It can be whatever you want it to be and taking that versatility into consideration the high initial investment probably isn't that high after all :)
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay DC/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting www.rabbittree.uk
Davhol
United States of America

Re: Yamaha Genos

Unread post by Davhol » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:15 pm

I hope you get one...it's the ultimate ar this time...mo doubt about it! Maybe I'll try composing after all...who knows??

Return to “Yamaha Genos Forum”