IK Multimedia UNO Analogue Synth

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 am

Has anyone seen or tried the 'UNO' analogue synth from IK Multimedia?

It is their first foray into the hardware synth market and although it seems like an interesting bit of kit, as someone who is primarily an acoustic guitar player I wonder how it stacks up against other analogue synths out there?
uno_synth.png
  • All-analog audio path with 2 VCOs, noise generator, resonant multimode VCF and VCA
  • 2 independent VCOs with Saw, Triangle, Pulse waveforms with continuously variable shape including PWM of the square wave plus a separate white noise generator
  • A 2-pole OTA-based analog resonant sweepable multimode filter with LPF, HPF and BPF
  • Custom-designed, dual-stage overdrive that provides filter input overdrive for classic synth saturation tone, from subtle warming to aggressive distortion
  • LFO with Sine, Triangle, Square, Up Saw, Down Saw, Random and Sample-and-Hold to modulate Pitch, Filter, Amp and continuous oscillator wave shapes including PWM

More info Here
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
purcell
Germany

Re: IK Multimedia UNO Analogue Synth

Unread post by purcell » Mon May 14, 2018 2:02 pm

UNO Synth true analog synthesizer +/- 230 € ...with 4 batteries! :roll:

Who needs it? Why and for what purpose was it built? Does it sound superb? Weak? Poor?
Reality!
I'll take it to the city park ... and play it there ... with batteries? No! Never!
The market is anyway with UNO synths = MONOsynths! ... oversaturated.

It´s always the same! The real good monosynths are very expensive! ... Of course the MINIMOOG is one of them.
You touch and feel that monosynth...and in a minute you know what it is for you! 8O or :roll:
(WOW!!!... 8O or No! Thank you! :roll: ...You can tell immediately or very quickly. Must be the same with acoustic guitars?!)

I know a lot of very poor VST monosynths! :roll:
Batteries? This is an alarm signal for me. A synth with batteries,,,???
Ok! The market is likely to exist.
Very young people...at home, with a garage band or outside in the park.
They annoy their parents: "I need this! Synth! ... and it costs only 200 €!

Nowadays nobody buys a monosynth anymore! 1980 is over!
And with a mono you can only play mono.
When does that happen? Clearly in a music group is / was the thing as solosynth on top of the Fender Rhodes etc.
But otherwise the thing is hardly usable. Every cheap PSR/keyboard/workstation etc. has a solosynth section nowadays.
In 1980 ...I would have bought the thing immediately!
But today I live with the MOXF solosynths ...!... "no comment"

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Mon May 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Looks quite interesting. Somewhat reminscent layout-wise of the Yamaha MU5.

Yamaha MU5.png
Yamaha MU5.png (289.41 KiB) Viewed 430 times

An LCD display that shows more would have been nice.

Otherwise, a neat portable little gizmo :)

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon May 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Well I am inclined to agree with you Purcell. A MONO synth is not something that ever has or ever will appeal to me but there are plenty of people for whom this will be a definite purchase. IK Multimedia are a company that doesn't fill a niche in the market, they CREATE one! :)

Some people just like gadgets and given that the price is not crazily expensive I think there will be plenty of takers.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

Return to “Chill Out Room”