Help using two VL boards in an MU100R

Virtual Acoustic physical modeling synthesis mathematically simulates the sound and characteristics of acoustic instruments in real-time. This forum covers the VL1, VL7 and VL-70 as well as the PLG100-VL and PLG150-VL plug in boards.

Moderator: parametric

sloanefreeman
United States of America

Help using two VL boards in an MU100R

Unread post by sloanefreeman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:59 pm

Hello,

How do I load voices to and use two VL boards in my MU100R at the same time. I plan on loading the same voice to both cards. I have loaded to the one card I have and another card is expected to arrive soon. Maybe it cannot be done. I have a VL70-m and have used it together with the VL card in the MU100R into a mixer then into an amp and feel that there is an improvement in the sound. I was hoping to get this effect just using the MU100R with two VL card. I am not very experienced in using this gear or midi in general. I have the VL Wizard and the Yamaha VL Editor. I would appreciate any help and advice. Thanks!
javelin276
United States of America

Re: Help using two VL boards in an MU100R

Unread post by javelin276 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:19 am

This sounds like a question that Rudy at the VL-Wizard site could answer. You might try posting on the Forum over there to see if he knows how to do what you are proposing. I haven't tried it yet myself, I've been working on other things lately.
sloanefreeman
United States of America

Re: Help using two VL boards in an MU100R

Unread post by sloanefreeman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:40 pm

I asked Rudy and he had no info on it. I asked him if he could come up with an auto patch program you could blow an instrument into a mike and the patch editor would design an acoustic model patch based on what it heard. He did not laugh at me, but said he was working on something special. He indicated that, I think, it is some software and a hardware dongle. Also some new software he is working on to come out soon. I am looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. His VL Wizard is really awesome, and I seldom ever use that word!

I have purchased an MU2000EX and am waiting to see if that is the answer I need. I have read that the richness of sound of a VL1-m is caused by the use of two VL engines that cross fade to each other as notes change from one to the other, and supposedly the MU2000 has this ability. I have been using the MU100R and VL70-m with their outputs mixed together and playing the same patch. It sounds better to me, but maybe I am fooling my self that the sound is fuller. I do not know if the two VL boards I now have in the MU100R are playing in unison or not. I don't get the feeling they are. I guess the worst is I can combine the two MU units with a VL board in each along with the VL70-m for a three layered sound. I use the same patch for all cards.

Return to “Yamaha VL1, VL7, VL-70, PLG100-VL and PLG150-VL Forum”