GAK Brighton - Check Prices Before Buying!

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

GAK Brighton - Check Prices Before Buying!

Unread post by Saul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:30 pm

GAK Brighton.png
Thought I would post a quick heads up for anyone buying from GAK in Brighton, although of course the same can be said of some other stores but, if you have looked at something on their website and decide to go into their store to purchase it DO check the price first.

Apparently the prices in-store are not always the same as they are online...although they don't mention this on the website. So always worth phoning first just to be sure they have what you want at the store and also that it is the same price.

ALWAYS check with all stores when buying something. Some stores are better than others and the prices online are the same as they are in store. Where a store has it's warehouse in the same town some will go the extra mile and bring in what you want from the warehouse, even going to get it whilst you wait. Others will simply tell you that you need to order online. Always check and avoid disappointment. Also when checking by phone make sure you get the sales persons name.

A little bit of planning can save a lot of frustration.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
George007
Great Britain

Re: GAK Brighton - Check Prices Before Buying!

Unread post by George007 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:16 pm

I have found PMT to be good for price matching and the online price is the store price, I bought something recently after trying it out at the Newcastle store , My intention was to order it online when I got home, but I was informed that if it was ordered online from the store I would get an extra years warranty, and free delivery also, So I did and sure enough I got the extra years warranty, and fee delivery on the day of my choice

Brian007
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Thanks Brian. I know it's sometimes difficult to keep the online price the same as in the bricks & mortar stores but at least they could mention it on their website so it doesn't come as a surprise to find an item you want has suddenly increased in price just because your visiting the store.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wales

Unread post by Derek » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Agreed. Always do your homework and most stores will price match. I purchased my Kronos and Montage both from PMT (Kronos @ Bristol and Montage @ Cardiff) and they always price matched the cheapest offer I could find. If you phone ahead the stores will also get the model in that you want to check out if they don’t have it. E.g. Cardiff did not have the Montage when I rang, but got it in within a few days for me to check out.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Not sure if GAK price match but I would like to think they do. Can't say my experiences there have ever been that great unfortunately. When I bought the FA06 from them a few years back they seemed completely disinterested. Maybe it's just Brighton and the way people are there I don't know. I do know that my preference is always to travel an extra 20 miles to GuitarGuitar in Epsom so that tells you a lot!
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wales

Unread post by Derek » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:13 pm

I’ve only ever purchased from GAK online for things I don’t need to audition and where their price has been the best. I can can shout out for PMT stores from the experience I have had, but with the obvious caveat of doing your homework first :)
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
monsterjazzlicks
Super Patch Creator
Super Patch Creator
Great Britain

Unread post by monsterjazzlicks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi,

What an awfully coloured paint job design their store has!

Paul
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

monsterjazzlicks wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm
Hi,

What an awfully coloured paint job design their store has!

Paul
I think that is deliberate Paul. It is a Brighton landmark. Everyone in Brighton knows GAK :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

monsterjazzlicks
Super Patch Creator
Super Patch Creator
Great Britain

Unread post by monsterjazzlicks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Ha ha, I suppose so. It's a bloody eyesore though!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Well that depends on your point of view. Brighton is very different from most other places. It's a heavily artisan/musician influenced city, dominated by music and art culture. There are a lot of colourful buildings in Brighton. We live about 15 miles north of it. Great place to visit but wouldn't want to live there.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Return to “Chill Out Room”