Site Admin
Ireland

Re: MODX OS Updater Vx.xx ???

Unread post by Saul » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:07 pm

pologuy wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 pm
Saul wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:11 pm
I would love to be able to say more but I am now under the old NDA..unless of course someone else breaks that and then it's every publication for themselves <->

What I can say is Yamaha have very pleasantly surprised me and I think will surprise everyone else too. Stay tuned! (Y)
As far as release dates...?

Or what are you talking about? lol
Hard to say because of the NDA but I'll give you one word 'Logistics' and that's all I'm saying ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:08 am

I figured he was talking about the date and location of the "launch event" at which the MODX will be officially unveiled and announced.

And Yamaha themselves have now (earlier in the week) announced that there will be a live-streaming event on Friday (tomorrow).

And one of the photos in that announcement shows a musician playing a keyboard that has a Super Knob and four (not eight) sliders.

So we can do the math. :)

As for pricing and availability, Yamaha will no doubt reveal that when they're ready to-- hopefully tomorrow during the live-streaming event, but we'll just have to wait and see.

By the way, do we have to have Facebook accounts to watch the live-streaming event? Because I dumped my Facebook account years ago and have no intention of signing up again unless I really have to, just so I can view a company's Facebook page. I can appreciate that Facebook lets their users set up their privacy preferences so no one can view their pages unless they're "friends," but it galls me how Facebook hides half of a company's page with a banner that says "Want to see more? Sign in or register!" If I owned a company, I wouldn't want to tell everyone to "Visit us on Facebook!" if I knew that Facebook were just going to hide half of my company's Facebook site with an unwanted banner unless the visitors were signed up with and logged into Facebook. Ah, but then I'm forgetting that everyone with a Facebook page wants people to "Like us on Facebook!" and you must be a Facebook user to do that, so...

Sorry for that little rant! :)
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:44 am

Facebook is fine. People get too worked up about social media. You can use it for your own ends, you don't need to play into their game if you don't want to. This site get's a lot of traffic via social media. Many of our new members have come from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. It is like everything, if you know how to use it you can make it work for you :)

The Live Stream is as far as I know, only being streamed on Yamaha Synths facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yamahasynths/
Personally I would have streamed via youtube but they obviously have their reasons.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:34 am

Yes, but the fact that it will be streaming only from their Facebook page means that this is what I'll be seeing, instead of the streaming video:
Facebook.png
Sure, I could sign up for Facebook again-- but I've been a Facebook member before, I quit for a reason, and I'm not going to sign up again just so I don't get that pop-up shoved in my face whenever I try to visit a company's Facebook page. Mind you, we aren't talking about a private individual who has set their privacy options to hide their page from anyone who isn't their "friend," but a public company that is using Facebook as a platform for reaching out to the public.

Imagine that you owned a company and had a web site that resided on a web-hosting service's servers, with pages developed and maintained by their web design division. Imagine that you wanted to encourage the public at large-- both existing customers and potential customers-- to visit your web site so they could see what your company is all about, learn about your products or services, and contact you or-- better yet-- place an order in your online store. Imagine that when people did visit your web site, that web-hosting service whose servers your site resides on plastered a banner across the bottom half of the screen and said that if the visitors wanted to see the full screen then they would first need to sign up to become customers of the web service and then log into their accounts.
Michael Rideout
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 am

I couldn't agree more Michael. This is why I think it was a mistake to run the livestream on FaceBook. With YouTube you don't need to sign up in order to view anything. Why Yamaha chose FaceBook I can only guess and that is to boost their sign ups and subs to their channel on that platform. There are much better ways to achieve that though. Perhaps they should have come to me because their own social media people just don't seem to get it.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:48 am

I may go ahead and sign up again for a Facebook account, if only so I can watch the live stream unimpeded. I've been half-heartedly mulling over the idea of signing up again for some time now, and this just gives me a little more incentive to do so. Also, one of my nieces was recruited away from her previous employer by Facebook, so that's another bit of incentive to give them another try.
Michael Rideout
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:54 am

SeaGtGruff wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:48 am
I may go ahead and sign up again for a Facebook account, if only so I can watch the live stream unimpeded. I've been half-heartedly mulling over the idea of signing up again for some time now, and this just gives me a little more incentive to do so. Also, one of my nieces was recruited away from her previous employer by Facebook, so that's another bit of incentive to give them another try.
Well as I said you CAN use all of these social media accounts to your own advantage :)

If you do register, not only will you be able to watch the livestream event unimpeded but you can use that same account to gain extra entries on the next competition/giveaway we run :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:14 pm

True. For better or for worse, I signed up again a few minutes ago. I figure I can always delete my account again if I decide I don't like it. Last time I friended all sorts of people I know, some of whom have very strong opinions (as do we all, right?), and I wasn't overly thrilled when my Facebook feed started filling up with all sorts of crazy posts from my friends. And then there was the time my younger sister posted a personal message to me for all to see as if it were my private email account! This time I'm going to be "that guy" who doesn't "friend" anybody-- at least not until I decide how I want to use Facebook. :D
Michael Rideout
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Yeah I think it's all about account management. You can make all your posts only visible to certain people and it's also very easy to block people who's posts you don't want to see. I have two accounts, one personal and one for yamahamusicians and for the latter I tend to only post music related stuff either direct from the forum as a share or from youtube.

My personal account I rarely do any manual posts I just follow some groups such as history, metal detecting, some music etc.

Anyway, glad you can see the livestream now. Best get off do some work...have a video of my own to sort out! ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”