The Casio stigma still lives .....

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar New Zealand
silverlight

Re: The Casio stigma still lives .....

Unread post by silverlight » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 am

I agree with the first poster, there is definitely a stigma towards Casio gear in the music community. I know because, as a professional keyboard player for over 20 years, i held Casio products in general, in low regard, even though i was aware they had made a few notable keyboards over the years. But about 3 years ago i was looking for an 88-note weighted piano/controller keyboard to replace my Roland A-80. After much looking around i decided to try out the Casio PX-5S at a music shop in Jakarta. It impressed me more than anything else on the market for it's quality and features to cost ratio and i bought it and have been totally satisfied with it over 3 years of daily playing. And it weighs in at around 11kgs which is unbelievable. Definitely has made me see Casio in a different light...
regards
dave
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Casio stigma still lives .....

Unread post by Saul » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 am

Thanks Dave. Would be nice if more keyboard players put Casio on their list of instruments to try. Biggest hurdle is not the instruments themselves but the name that is on them. Pro players have a real hard time moving past that name.

What they don't often consider though is the general public don't attach the same negative connotations to the name 'Casio'. For them it is a tech brand the same as any other and no matter if they see Yamaha, KORG, Roland or Casio on the back of a keyboard they are more interested in the music, not what it is being played on. It is only use musicians that get all hung up over a name.

By the way, Casio have some exciting products lined up for Winter NAMM ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer

Return to “Chill Out Room”