Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

purcell
Germany

Yamaha MODX-8 VS MONTAGE COMPARISION

Unread post by purcell » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Put this to youtube:

----------------------------------------------------
PS: This is also "my training" using "LINKS" with the coming "EU FILTER"!
Legally!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Yamaha MODX-8 VS MONTAGE COMPARISION

Unread post by Saul » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:19 pm

purcell wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 pm
Put this to youtube:

----------------------------------------------------
PS: This is also "my training" using "LINKS" with the coming "EU FILTER"!
Legally! in 2020!
That is actually something I want to discourage. I have mentioned this before but I will do it again here as it is worth going over the reasons why I prefer "content" to be kept IN the forum over simply linking out of the forum.

Any link posted in the forum that takes the user to a site that does not link back to us does damage to our search engine ratings. Google in particular doesn't like non reciprocal links.

Google, like many other search engines, crawls this forum and website every few hours. They automatically go through the site picking up content and posting in their search engines however, if whilst doing that they find links out to another site, they follow that link to see if it is going to relevant content...i.e not going to a gambling site but going to a music related site and also to see if that site links back to us. If it does then all is good and we get marked up, if however there is no link back we get marked down. Get enough of those and you can see the problem right?

So, if you are linking to a site that you know does not link back to us, please don't do it. Post the actual information in our forum and leave it at that. The same goes for YouTube which of course by it's very nature is not going to be linking back to us. Embed the video ON the forum don't just link out to it.

I know this seems like a big pain in the ass to some people but I put a lot of work into pushing our site up the search engine ratings and if people just keep linking out of the forum it undoes everything I am trying to do. Higher search engine ratings equals more traffic which then equals new members which in turn equals more discussion and knowledge for all of us.

It also gets around that new EU law because we are keeping content IN the forum and it is generated by our own members :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 am

???
Saul: "Any link posted in the forum that takes the user to a site that does not link back to us does damage to our search engine ratings."
So then youtube video links are almost impossible? As you also mentioned.
Because, who is doing a "LINK BACK" to your forum - from youtube?

Saul: "So, if you are linking to a site that you know does not link back to us, please don't do it."
Da you have an example? Which link does link back to your forum? Is it YAMAHA?

I think it would be very helpful, if you give me and others? an example.
What do you want? What you don´t want?

Do you want that almost everything? ... comes only from this forum (homemade) ?... And not the "outside" what comes in?
Outside means: Links,videos,photos etc. that have no links (are not linked) to this forum.
So what is actually linked to this forums now? (white list)
What is not linked (95%?) ( black list)

I would be glad to know what's on the white list? (Some examples?)
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:08 am

If in doubt post the link in a way that is not clickable as that would also work. To do that just remove the http and www from the link and it will be posted as simple text. Google can't track that as a link and people can still see where to to get the info.

With Youtube simply embed the video in the forum as most of us do. Copy the link to the video and then use the youtube2 button above the message window .
Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 00.46.21.png
Don't link out to content on someone else's site when we have already posted the info on our site. That makes no sense but people do it.

It is all about common sense. Why send traffic away from our site? How does that help us?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”