MODX8 - 3 keys making a clacking sound

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

aaronb
United States of America

MODX8 - 3 keys making a clacking sound

Unread post by aaronb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Hi all,

New to this forum and new to MODX. Just bought a MODX8 2 weeks ago and noticed 3 keys on the board are making a clacking noise, almost like the sound of an old electric piano. All other keys don't do this. They are the 2 lowest Ab's and the Db a 7th below middle C.
I didn't notice it at first because I had the volume up or headphones on, but when I played with the volume way low I could hear those notes making a much louder, loose key clacking sound compared to the others. They feel fine to play but are just more noisy that the others.
I'm not sure if this is a flaw or if it's anything to worry about or not.
Has anyone else had this issue? I have 30 days to exchange so I'll probably go in and try another board when I get a chance to compare.

Thanks
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: MODX8 - 3 keys making a clacking sound

Unread post by Saul » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:15 pm

First up welcome to yamahamusicians.com :)

I just went through the keys on the MODX8 and none of them are clanking in the manner you described. I specifically checked the 2 lowest Ab's and the Db you mentioned and they were fine so, unfortunately you may have to take advantage of that 30 day exchange :(

I know you said that they play fine but it is likely that this will eventually start getting on your nerves and detract from the pleasure you get playing the keyboard. If you can I would go into a store and check there but really it needs to go back.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
aaronb
United States of America

Unread post by aaronb » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:57 am

Thanks Saul, I’m definitely going to exchange it. I’m pretty 100% certain it was brand new and never played, I bought it the day of release, and the unboxing seemed factory sealed and untouched. However I’ll be a little more cautious about getting a returned item on exchange now that it’s been a couple weeks.
pax-eterna
Australia

Unread post by pax-eterna » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:15 am

FWIW I can confirm what Saul said no issues here so yeah, might be one to return and replace :)

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”