Yamaha SA50

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
GemQuinn

Re: Yamaha SA50

Unread post by GemQuinn » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:34 am

Well blow me down with a feather, thats amazing.
I have the hammy bar, but I don't think I'll miss the tuners, as I've heard they aren't so good anyway, although it's nice to have the originals.
Where, may I ask, was it for sale? the seller had had it 6 years apparently..
Very well setup, it is, I think I may up gauge the strings next change tho.
It's good to know its history a little.
Thank you.
User avatar New Zealand
TheSupposedStringMeister

Unread post by TheSupposedStringMeister » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:45 am

GemQuinn wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:34 am
Well blow me down with a feather, thats amazing.
I have the hammy bar, but I don't think I'll miss the tuners, as I've heard they aren't so good anyway, although it's nice to have the originals.
Where, may I ask, was it for sale? the seller had had it 6 years apparently..
Very well setup, it is, I think I may up gauge the strings next change tho.
It's good to know its history a little.
Thank you.
I think it was on ebay, not sure. Original tuners can be good. I have an SA-5 that seen very little use and the original frets are in very good condition and the tuners work very well.
User avatar Great Britain
GemQuinn

Unread post by GemQuinn » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi. Thanks for reply.
I was thinking after saying it, that the tuners were probably ok, just a bit in need of attention after so many years. Never mind, I'm not that fussed, and the replacements I found are better than what came with it.
I wonder the guy I bought it off tried selling it in 2016, and changed his mind, or he bought it in 2016, and not 6 years ago, as he told me... he was a nice guy, so I trust him.
Anyway, am really enjoying it, but somehow, things seem to keep relicing it, accidental leads ends, or strap locks knocking the body.. more than any other guitar.. I'm a bit worried..
it has a few knocks anyway, so I'm not that precious, but I will be more careful..
All the best.

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”