Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar
zooterman
Member
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 am
United States of America

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by zooterman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:46 am

Expression pedal calibration feature please!

My pedal is not exhibiting a smooth, even , response, so it would help to calibrate any pedal you plug into the modx.
User avatar
GADoug60
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:09 pm
United States of America

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by GADoug60 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Increase the gain to a pro level output. The output gain is too low. BEEF IT UP!!
User avatar
Stevie18
Product Specialist
Product Specialist
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Germany

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by Stevie18 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:35 pm

GADoug60 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm
Increase the gain to a pro level output. The output gain is too low. BEEF IT UP!!
There is a software option for doing that. In Utilities -> Audio I/O set the output level to +6db or more. That should do it.
pax-eterna
Member
Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 pm
Australia

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by pax-eterna » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm

You gotta be careful with that though. I noticed quite a few performances, particularly when more than one is sounding, of the outs getting driven into distortion.
User avatar
shappy1010
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:21 pm
Netherlands

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by shappy1010 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:48 pm

I wouldn't mind a FAQ on this forum, or do the admins want to rely on the search function? A post explaining the details around memory and some extensive info around how to inport and load samples into performances eg. it's a bit lost in some posts now. Just a suggestion.
vertig0spin
Member
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:15 am
Canada

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by vertig0spin » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:59 pm

pax-eterna wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm
You gotta be careful with that though. I noticed quite a few performances, particularly when more than one is sounding, of the outs getting driven into distortion.
Could this possibly be less of an issue on the Montage if half the sounds or maybe just the sequenced stuff is routed through the additional outputs & not the main L/R outputs..!?
User avatar
mididiot
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:59 pm
United States of America

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by mididiot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:31 pm

I would love a global eq in the setlist that can be saved or bypassed. Kronos has one in their setlist and it comes in handy.
pax-eterna
Member
Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 pm
Australia

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by pax-eterna » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:17 am

vertig0spin wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:59 pm
pax-eterna wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm
You gotta be careful with that though. I noticed quite a few performances, particularly when more than one is sounding, of the outs getting driven into distortion.
Could this possibly be less of an issue on the Montage if half the sounds or maybe just the sequenced stuff is routed through the additional outputs & not the main L/R outputs..!?
Possibly but I doubt it, unless the additional outs of the Montage are not governed by the dB tool.
User avatar
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10559
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:00 am
Contact:
Ireland

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by Saul » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:23 pm

shappy1010 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:48 pm
I wouldn't mind a FAQ on this forum, or do the admins want to rely on the search function? A post explaining the details around memory and some extensive info around how to inport and load samples into performances eg. it's a bit lost in some posts now. Just a suggestion.
I agree it would be great to have a FAQ but as I am the one who would probably be putting it together it's difficult to get done. I only have so many hours in the day and I am overloaded as it is. Also a FAQ for the MODX would be extremely long given all the posts in just this thread alone.

Having said that, if someone wants to give me an idea for a starting point, first thing on the FAQ I will certainly attempt to put something together :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Sign up to the Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
pax-eterna
Member
Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 pm
Australia

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by pax-eterna » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 pm

A biggie for me is the ability to direct link either WAV (or mp3) files and MIDIs to Live Sets. I say Live Sets as you have so many of these, whereas there are only 640 User Performance slots.

Further it would mean you could use one Performance setup for several different songs.
User avatar
Stevie18
Product Specialist
Product Specialist
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Germany

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by Stevie18 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Well, if you take the libraries into account it's actually 9 x 640 performances. But agreed, the library performance are of course much more cumbersome to create (and change).
User avatar
Jaap
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 pm
Netherlands

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by Jaap » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:51 pm

I would like to see an ‘effect bypass’ button that switches off the effects. Could be on the bottom of the Category Search screen.
User avatar
Stevie18
Product Specialist
Product Specialist
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Germany

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by Stevie18 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Jaap wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:51 pm
I would like to see an ‘effect bypass’ button that switches off the effects. Could be on the bottom of the Category Search screen.
Would "Utility -> Effect Switch" help? Or do you need more than what is available there? Or is it just the location?
User avatar
jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:54 pm
Cayman Islands

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by jima » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:47 am

Saul wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:23 pm
shappy1010 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:48 pm
I wouldn't mind a FAQ on this forum, or do the admins want to rely on the search function? A post explaining the details around memory and some extensive info around how to inport and load samples into performances eg. it's a bit lost in some posts now. Just a suggestion.
I agree it would be great to have a FAQ but as I am the one who would probably be putting it together it's difficult to get done. I only have so many hours in the day and I am overloaded as it is. Also a FAQ for the MODX would be extremely long given all the posts in just this thread alone.

Having said that, if someone wants to give me an idea for a starting point, first thing on the FAQ I will certainly attempt to put something together :)
I would go one further. Admins and mods are always under pressure and already give so much. Perhaps it would be appropriate for a MODX owner and enthusiast to step forward and offer to own the MODX FAQ here. It seems to have everyone's attention and a carefully tended FAQ is always valuable as with any new (or old, for that matter) keyboard. I don't own one so disqualify myself so what say you - any takers? Shappy1010?
Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno
Loves keyboards but so little time :(
User avatar
Jaap
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 pm
Netherlands

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by Jaap » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks Stevie18. This is an option, but actually I would be able per preset to bypass the internal effects, either from Category Search, Live Set (choose Performance from there and with one press bypass effects) or from the Performance screen. Reason is that I like to use Strymon Lex, Timeline and Bigsky but not always. I haven’t seen other members wishing this yet.
Post Reply

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”