Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
TBKreuz

Re: Yamaha MODX Wishlist - Suggestions For Future Updates

Unread post by TBKreuz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:37 pm

After owning a MODX for a month and starting to work on creating my own performances, I am finding that it would be very helpful if the results of the automations (via Mod/Control with-or-without Motion Sequence) were actually reflected real-time in the display of the targeted parameter(s). Something akin to that would remove a lot of the vagueness in exactly how a given Curve Type, Ratio, Speed, Amplitude, Sequence, etc. is shaping the resultant automation (beyond what you discern with your ears).
User avatar Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:54 pm

TBKreuz wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:37 pm
After owning a MODX for a month and starting to work on creating my own performances, I am finding that it would be very helpful if the results of the automations (via Mod/Control with-or-without Motion Sequence) were actually reflected real-time in the display of the targeted parameter(s). Something akin to that would remove a lot of the vagueness in exactly how a given Curve Type, Ratio, Speed, Amplitude, Sequence, etc. is shaping the resultant automation (beyond what you discern with your ears).
This would be a good one to post as an idea on yamahasynth.ideascale.com !

I think the new Roland Fantom has some of that display functionality you mention, whereby curves, etc. change shape on the screen as you modify settings ... Yamaha are checking here for ideas, but I know for certain they are definitely checking their ideascale site, as at least two different Yamaha reps confirmed this in another forum recently...
And Yamaha are probably looking even more closely now at the new Roland Fantom and checking ideascale & forums like this more closely to see which features on the Roland that Montage/MODX users would most like to see in a future OS update. If enough people agree on certain ideas and 'Up Vote' them on ideascale, Yamaha will likely be looking & considering them more now than ever, if they pertain to something the Roland has!!

I think they want their next big OS update to be something they can promote, create some new hype, and say "our Montage/MODX can now also do what the new Roland Fantom does, but in addition only our synths can do *this*"! But also they will want to say and show that they are listening to our ideas and have implemented some of the best ones in the new OS update! :wink:
User avatar Hungary
Laximus

Unread post by Laximus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:53 pm

When I am designing sounds in AWM2 and/or in FMX, many times I want the same settings for different elements/operators but only on specific parameters. Would be great to set those oper/osc and make the settings together at the same time, while other parameters and/or oscillators just to leave as they are? It's a bit annoying to do the same settings all the time to each elem/op. Would be good just to set/check the elements where I want to change parameters, and making the settings at once. Hope you understand what I mean. Also would be better graphical knobs or sliders for amp/filter envelope, would be much more easier to use like with this numeric table.
User avatar Dominican Republic
josue3573

Unread post by josue3573 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:38 am

Saludos, una de las desventajas mas grandes que he podido encontrar en modx, es que cuando tienes una división de sonidos en el teclado y quieres cambiar uno de los sonidos, al elegir un nuevo sonido de una parte, SE PIERDE TODA LA CONFIGURACIÓN DEL RANGO DE NOTAS y tienes que volver a limitar las notas otra vez, y esto pasa cada vez que cambias un sonido de una combinación con diferentes rangos.
esto no pasaba en yamaha motif ni en roland fantom x ni en otros teclados. Yamaha debe tomar esto en cuanta para una próxima actualización.
User avatar Ukraine
Ivan Jochner

Unread post by Ivan Jochner » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:11 am

josue3573 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:38 am
Saludos,
The rules of the forum demand communication in ENGLISH PLEASE!

If you can not speak English please use at least GOOGLE TRANSLATE!
Thanks for understanding))

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”