Montage Pack By Wojtek Olszak

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Netherlands
Rob de Vries

Montage Pack By Wojtek Olszak

Unread post by Rob de Vries » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:01 am

Hi there,

Just bought de MODX7 and my question is dows anybody know where to download the free Monatge Pack By Wojtek Olszak. I can't find it on the Yamaha Library site.

Thanks,
Best regards ROb
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Montage Pack By Wojtek Olszak

Unread post by Saul » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi Rob, welcome to yamahamusicians.com :)

Very glad you mentioned that Monatge pack by Wojtek Olszak as it is a "must have" I think :)

As far as I know it is still available and also still free but there is no download link for it. Go to Wojtek's facebook page and send him a message and he will tell you how to get hold of it.

https://www.facebook.com/wojtekolszak/p ... =3&theater
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar Bulgaria
Kal1n_M

Unread post by Kal1n_M » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 am

Or email him at "montagepack@olszak.pl" with subject "Montage Pack" and you will receive back email with the download link. This is what I did.

But this pack raises the question about MODX library import/export/copy to User issues... How exactly do you copy voices from a library that contains 500+ MB of samples? For example, if the voices from this library (583MB) that you like and want to save to your User bank use 430MB of samples... you cannot copy them because you don't have enough flash memory left (583 + 430 > 1000). I sense tons of small transfer operations coming!
User avatar Netherlands
Rob de Vries

Unread post by Rob de Vries » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 am

Thanks Saul, you right. I left a message on Wojeks facebook and get a very friendly reply to leave my mailadress. He send the file via wetransfer to me. He also aked me to keep the file private ad don't share it on the internet.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:31 am

Kal1n_M wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 am
Or email him at "montagepack@olszak.pl" with subject "Montage Pack" and you will receive back email with the download link. This is what I did.

But this pack raises the question about MODX library import/export/copy to User issues... How exactly do you copy voices from a library that contains 500+ MB of samples? For example, if the voices from this library (583MB) that you like and want to save to your User bank use 430MB of samples... you cannot copy them because you don't have enough flash memory left (583 + 430 > 1000). I sense tons of small transfer operations coming!
It is not an issue at all. The pack was created for Montage. The fact we can load some of it into MODX is a bonus. Storage size is a one compromise on buying a MODX rather than a Montage.

Most people are not going to pass on the MODX because of limited storage size. It costs considerably less than a Montage and there will be compromises in order to facilitate that lower price. MODX gives people who don't have three grand sitting in the bank the opportunity to experience "most" of Montage for a lot less money.

I have never wanted or needed to load an entire sample pack into any keyboard. There have always been sounds I have no interest in so none of this is an issue for me. At least loading sounds into MODX is much faster than it was on the MOXF so in that respect it is not really a hassle if to replace something if I don't like it. In any case MODX has more than enough stock sounds to keep me happy for quite some time to come. Plus of course I already have the Bosendorfer Imperial Grand loaded so I am sorted :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:32 am

Rob de Vries wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 am
Thanks Saul, you right. I left a message on Wojeks facebook and get a very friendly reply to leave my mailadress. He send the file via wetransfer to me. He also aked me to keep the file private ad don't share it on the internet.
That's great news Rob. Can you let us know what you think of the pack once you have had a chance to use it?
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

User avatar Netherlands
Rob de Vries

Unread post by Rob de Vries » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:36 pm

I keep you posted Saul
Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Saul wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:31 am
I have never wanted or needed to load an entire sample pack into any keyboard. There have always been sounds I have no interest in so none of this is an issue for me.
Does that mean when loading the new sounds into the MODX you can pick and choose which ones? Or do you have to load all of them and then can delete the ones you don't want later?
User avatar United States of America
Fleer

Unread post by Fleer » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Good question!
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Not entirely sure about this but there is a similar thread with regard to the Montage, which will of course have the same process.

viewtopic.php?t=10415

Maybe that can shed some light on it?
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:00 pm

I finally picked up my Montage 8 this past weekend and tried some simple stuff, loading a few libraries, such as the Bosendorfer and Wojtek Olszak's pack. Then after comparing Wojtek Olszak's piano enhancement to the CFX Concert, it appears the main differences are eq'ing, compression and a few other tweaks, but I am wondering ... Did Wojtek actually modify the CFX samples, or is his customized version of the CFX piano just pointing to the preset factory samples? Just wondering why his library is so large, unless he either did actually modify the preset factory CFX piano samples or the other sounds he gave us are where all the size of that library is from..!? Anyone know?
User avatar Bulgaria
Kal1n_M

Unread post by Kal1n_M » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:16 pm

While Wojtek Olszak is using custom CF samples, they are looped and not so big, about 60 MB. These samples are NOT what makes this library so big. There are a few huge multi-samples used in only 7 voices - Mark I and V, and Signature 3, 4, 6, 14 and 15. By cutting these off you can reduce the library to the pretty convenient size of 126 MB.
Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Kal1n_M wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:16 pm
While Wojtek Olszak is using custom CF samples, they are looped and not so big, about 60 MB. These samples are NOT what makes this library so big. There are a few huge multi-samples used in only 7 voices - Mark I and V, and Signature 3, 4, 6, 14 and 15. By cutting these off you can reduce the library to the pretty convenient size of 126 MB.
Looking at the size of the Imperial Bosendorfer piano library and guessing that the CFX Concert piano (Wojtek's version as well) has to be close to that size, having at least 8 velocity layers...I would guess that Wojtek must have only modified specific CFX samples from specific layers, or maybe just one layer, and the rest points back to the factory 'Preset' waveforms...
User avatar Bulgaria
Kal1n_M

Unread post by Kal1n_M » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:27 pm

vertig0spin wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm
I would guess that Wojtek must have only modified specific CFX samples from specific layers, or maybe just one layer, and the rest points back to the factory 'Preset' waveforms...
I think it's a bit more complicated. Wojtek is using 5 user layers. I am looking only at his library file, not checking it on my MODX, so I can't say if he is using stock waveforms for lower velocity layers or just using these 5 layers for the whole range. But the difference with Bosendorfer is both in the length and number of samples - Bosendorfer is using a sample for every key, while Wojtek has only 50 keys sampled per layer. With these two aspects (length and number) combined, a velocity layer in Bosendorfer is nearly 5 times bigger than CF in Wojtek library.

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”