THR Editor not working

Covers entire Yamaha THR range of guitar amps, heads and cabs.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
N I G E L

Re: THR Editor not working

Unread post by N I G E L » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 am

Thanks,
Ive already tried installing the editor again with/without antivirus & firewall enabled but no succes.
Also I tried windows 7 compatibility mode but no luck.
It worked ok up untill the W10 1903 update so i am expecting it to work in windows 10.

:(

HP x360 i5 8th gen
User avatar Sweden
Lasse

Unread post by Lasse » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 pm

I have the same problem but what I have found out it's the Windows 7 OS that is the problem since this message occurs:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I've searched both Microsoft and the Internet for a solution but now it's late here and I'm getting tired so if anyone out there could help me how to disable the 'digital signature' in Win 7 it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I just want to play my THR 10X and edit the sound from my axe. :music-guitarred:
User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by parametric » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:49 am

Hi Guys . . . .

The "Unsigned Driver" feature is a pain, especially when you KNOW that a certain drive should or will work,

but Windows disagrees and won't allow it . . . .

This Post details my own experience with this problem: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12706#p75520

I use Win10 Pro 64, but possibly it will work with earlier Windows? -

I can't be sure, but it's got to be worth a try?

Look further down the post . . . . . There is a way to start windows such that the "unsigned driver" problem

can be walked around . . . .

It worked for me in a rather bizarre circumstance . . . . :o

Perhaps it will work for you :pray:

DO read the footnote though . . . . Windows updates frequently undo this sort of jerry-rigging, but mostly

you just need to re-do it after the update

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
User avatar Sweden
Lasse

Unread post by Lasse » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:42 am

Good morning and thanks for your contribution.

After sleeping I got some power back and finally managed to find a solution (for Windows 7):

Restart your PC and press F8 before the Windows log on screen appears. Then scroll down to "disable digital signature" (or something like that, can't remember the exact words), press Enter and let Windows start. It should work now. It did for me.

Return to “Yamaha THR Forum”