MOXF Voice bank loading question

Yamaha MOXF6 Music Production Synthesizer boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Wales
The Cat

MOXF Voice bank loading question

Unread post by The Cat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi there

Loving my new synth but have come up against a problem I don't know how to solve yet.

I can load the vintage sounds library no problem - it takes up USR3 bank and I have been able to copy the voices I want into USR1 which I am trying to populate.

I have also taken a backup of everything on my USB stick.

The issue is that the Premium Sounds library I want to install says it will take up all 3 USR banks.

How can I pick invidiual sounds from this library and copy them into my old USR1 library I am trying to build up? If it takes over all 3 USR banks I have nowhere to copy it to to save it alongside the older voices I want to add it to.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for any help.
Last edited by The Cat on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MOXF Voice bqnk loading question

Unread post by Saul » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Not sure I am remembering this correctly as it was a long time since I had the MOXF but, I think it is a case of having to load all and then deleting what you don't need. I don't remember there being a way to load single voices from a pack. But like I say, it was a while back so I may be remembering that completely wrong?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Wales
The Cat

Re: MOXF Voice bank loading question

Unread post by The Cat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:44 am

Looks like I will need to buy the Librarian software it sounds like it will do what I need.

Thanks for the reply.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am

Yeah if that is the John Melas editor/librarian you are talking about it is well worth the money. Download the free version first though to see if it definitely does what you need http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/products.php
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Wales
The Cat

Unread post by The Cat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Saul wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am
Yeah if that is the John Melas editor/librarian you are talking about it is well worth the money. Download the free version first though to see if it definitely does what you need
Yes that's the one I am looking at - looks like it - I can copy and paste voices between different files but the demo version blocks you sending to the instrument by the look of it.

Looks worth the money from what I can see.
User avatar Wales
The Cat

Unread post by The Cat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Saul wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 am
Yeah if that is the John Melas editor/librarian you are talking about it is well worth the money. Download the free version first though to see if it definitely does what you need
Think I have stumbled on the answer for me.

The free downloadable Premium package takes up all 3 USR banks so I think I can load that first and then Load the Vintage Keyboard bank I bought as that only takes up USR3. Premium package has nothing I want in USR 3 so think I will try this tomorrow.

More than enough sounds between the PRE banks and those 3 USR banks if it works.
User avatar Wales
The Cat

Unread post by The Cat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:45 am

Well that's a pain. It appears even if a library only fills one bank it also factory resets the other two.

Oh well I've ordered a USB cable so will buy the software next week.

Would have been nice even to have the option to store voices in the Flash Memory while you change banks maybe they've addressed this in newer models.

Still delighted with my purchase though.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:56 am

Just one of those things with Yamaha gear. Often they do things that seem counter intuitive to us. There "usually" is a good reason behind it..from a manufacturing point of view but that doesn't always lead to a good user experience.

Keep us posted on how it goes with the John Melas editor/librarian.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

User avatar Wales
The Cat

Unread post by The Cat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi again Saul

I actually found out how to do it just now. When you are about to load the library before executing on the left hand side of the window it has always said 'All' and I've never tried to change it. Using the wheel gives you lots of options one being 1Bankvoice. Then you can pick USR1, USR2, USR3 or USRD.

I am testing this right now and will hopefully confirm you can load individual USR Banks from different libraries which is exactly what I want.

I think as well as the Bank option there was a single Voice one too which is also handy.

Anyway will tidy this up and confirm in a bit.
Last edited by The Cat on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:01 pm

That sounds like very good news! I only ever loaded the Bosendorfer Imperial Grand on my MOXF when I had it so I never really went into the whole process in-depth.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

User avatar Wales
The Cat

Unread post by The Cat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:41 pm

All confirmed.

I am now a very happy chappy. Got the First Two banks full of the Premium Content Library Inspiration Banks 1&2 and the 3rd Bank is the Vintage Instruments USR 3 Bank.

I've not done the individual voices yet I've got everything I want now but I will experiment later on if I need any more.

I will still get the software but at a later date there is no rush for it now.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:51 pm

That's excellent news! Thanks for info and updates. I am sure it will help others who want to do the same thing :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Return to “Yamaha MOXF”