Theme 08 - soundtrack

Post music you have created here. Doesn't have to be pro quality. the idea is to share and get feedback :)

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

User avatar Australia
Rara

Theme 08 - soundtrack

Unread post by Rara » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 am

I haven't shared much of my work here, Sometimes I can be a bit to self critical.

This was something I recorded nearly 5 years ago. I was part of a small group of people
making an animated movie. I was creating the soundtrack for it.
The project ended abruptly when one of the crew (a major part of the project) passed unexpectedly.

Slow strings in this were played by SY35 through an EQ and layered with strings in the SY77 (I forget which)
Piano was played by SY77 with layering a piano with D-110
the deep strings was the same eerie string patch on SY35
Cello was played by ESI-2000.
reverb and delay was via the studio 400 effects unit
post work was noise filtering of idle gear and simulated tube preamp

Initially I was a little put off by the cello in the esi-2000 simply because of the lack of midi implementation in the sampler.
No real articulation just flat out note volume sadly. In a way a good contrast to the eerie strings and a lonely
sounding piano. I had trouble trying to effect any tremelo strings back then, to play underneath the high eerie
strings or even to get some tremelo effect on the eerie strings themselves.

This was the first and only recording of this.

https://soundcloud.com/user-36849805/theme-08

Rara 0-)

Edit: I'll apologize in advance for the terrible sound of this, it sounds like
soundcloud has dropped the streaming bitrate and made it sound like joint stereo. :-(
Gliga 1

Retired for a while for repairs:
Dr550mk2,SR-16,D110
Yamaha: SY35, SY85 (8.5mb), TX7, PSR 4600 - Roland: Juno106, MC307, MKB200, SE70
Kawai: XD5, Korg: Poly800Mk2 (moog slayer mod)
Casio: MA-201 E-MU: - ESI-2000 (128mb)
Digitech studio 400 - Tascam Porta 5 HS, MM1, - Studiomaster: Fusion
SX Bass (modded chinese fender P knock off - fat wires, Jap caps,pots, Dimarzio DP250, Ernie Ball strings)
SY77,FZ1,CZ1000,CZ5000, MKB200
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Theme 08 - soundtrack

Unread post by Saul » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Why have you kept this hidden so long Rara? I loved it! Such a great composition and fantastic use of SY35, SY77 and the ESI-2000. I thought the Cello was fine by the way and the sound quality? Sounded great on my little Presonus Eris 4.5's :)

You should definitely keep doing the soundtrack thing, you have a real talent for it :) ((i)) ((i)) ((i))
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar Australia
Rara

Unread post by Rara » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Saul wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm
Why have you kept this hidden so long Rara? I loved it! Such a great composition and fantastic use of SY35, SY77 and the ESI-2000. I thought the Cello was fine by the way and the sound quality? Sounded great on my little Presonus Eris 4.5's :)

You should definitely keep doing the soundtrack thing, you have a real talent for it :) ((i)) ((i)) ((i))

Part of the reason I kept it hidden (for about two years) was conditions of being part of the project.
not to discuss or disclose anything to anyone outside of the project. A NDA basically. I was still holding
on to that for quite a while afterwards. Clinging on to hope that the project might still go ahead.

It did take me a while to ask if it was ok to let it out in the open. There where others written, only
four recorded. At the moment, I have taken my entire setup apart to fix all the faults my gear has. Also build
myself a dedicated yet simple enough PC, for experimenting with soft synths. based on an old dell office PC
which can fit in a rack (modded of course). (the "studio" upgrade is slow, still happening ;-) )

if your interested this is the set for the what was recorded.

https://soundcloud.com/user-36849805/sets/soundtrack-01

Rara 0-)
Gliga 1

Dr550mk2,SR-16,D110
Yamaha: SY35, SY85 (8.5mb), TX7, PSR 4600 - Roland: Juno106, MC307, MKB200, SE70
SX Bass (modded chinese fender P knock off - fat wires, Jap caps,pots, Dimarzio DP250, Ernie Ball strings)
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:40 pm

I did listen to all the recordings and liked them all :)

Will be great to hear you have the PC project up and running. Opens up a whole world of soft synths, DAW's etc.

Looking forward to hearing what you record next :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by parametric » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Very Nice - <Rara>, I'm a succor for strings and Piano . . . . They always seem to me like a marrage made in heaven . . .

(probably something to do with my age . . . . ) :lol:

Yes, articulations are a problem, which will be much eased by the move to VSTis.

I'm very much still learning with this, but I'm lucky enough to have Kontakt5, and most of the intruments

HAVE articulations.

These are triggered with very LOW midi notes (C0, C#0 etc.) so they can be simply switched in a track . . .

Here's one I did: https://soundcloud.com/parametr1c/dartm ... astoralmp3

The opening has Tremolo in the Strings . . . . , and further along is staccato in the brass . . .

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
User avatar Australia
Rara

Unread post by Rara » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 am

Saul wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:40 pm
I did listen to all the recordings and liked them all :)

Will be great to hear you have the PC project up and running. Opens up a whole world of soft synths, DAW's etc.

Looking forward to hearing what you record next :)
Thanks :-) hopefully I can revisit some of the stuff I have written. hopefully I can get a decent orchestra VST
I have my eyes on a fewm
parametric wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Very Nice - <Rara>, I'm a succor for strings and Piano . . . . They always seem to me like a marrage made in heaven . . .

(probably something to do with my age . . . . ) :lol:

Yes, articulations are a problem, which will be much eased by the move to VSTis.

I'm very much still learning with this, but I'm lucky enough to have Kontakt5, and most of the intruments

HAVE articulations.

These are triggered with very LOW midi notes (C0, C#0 etc.) so they can be simply switched in a track . . .

Here's one I did: https://soundcloud.com/parametr1c/dartm ... astoralmp3

The opening has Tremolo in the Strings . . . . , and further along is staccato in the brass . . .

ATB

parametric

That is the sort of tremelo I was trying to get on the SY35 I nearly had something after I made my recording
I didn't quite "nail it" my stacato brass in another "track" needs its reverb turned down after listening to yours.
Another match made in heaven i like is strings and choir I've been eyeing of a choir vst (or was it samples???)
wow it sounded really nice.
one thing at a time, my eyes are bigger than my bank balance :-)

Rara 0-)
Gliga 1

Dr550mk2,SR-16,D110
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by parametric » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 am

Rara wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 am

That is the sort of tremelo I was trying to get on the SY35 I nearly had something after I made my recording
I didn't quite "nail it" my stacato brass in another "track" needs its reverb turned down after listening to yours.
Another match made in heaven i like is strings and choir I've been eyeing of a choir vst (or was it samples???)
wow it sounded really nice.
one thing at a time, my eyes are bigger than my bank balance :-)

Rara 0-)
Totally agree about Choir and Strings . . . .

When Tremelo is selected, Kontakt invokes a different set of samples that are RECORDED as a Tremelo -

which is why it sounds so good? - I guess . . .

Maybe it'd work on the SY to have a stream of VERY SHORT notes which include

a crescendo, but much depends on the ATTACK segment of the Sy35's sample . . .

The attack would need to be immediate? and if it's NOT then I doubt there is much that can be done to

"Move" the start point - IYSWIM (unless you know better?) ;)

It might be a plan to try the NI Free offering Saul mentioned?

THIS is what the articulations control looks like in Kontact5 for their VSL Strings - String Ensemble Instrument.

Those LOW midi notes do not SOUND the instrument, but simply switch-on the desired articulation . . . . .

Which is in fact a separate set of samples . .

Kontakt String Ensemble articulations.jpg

In all honesty, there has never been a better time to get into this - there is SO much available free these days

that we could have only dreamed of years ago . . .

I have done Pro Sessions as a singer (choir) over the years - the most tedious of which was a "Sampling" session

for Vangelis at Abbey Road . . . . . 3hrs of Ooo, Ahhhhh - and variants across the vocal range . . . :roll:

Thankfully, other sessions have been more interesting - and some have been on stage too . . . .

like this . . .

(I'm Chorus front row second from the right)

The problem with VSTis is the complexity that is now available . . . .

With Strings for instance it is possible to get into whether a note is bow-up or bow-down - and for that

you have to envisage HOW a player would actually play it . . .

This probably involves BEING a player (which I'm not).

Only necessary if you want to try and CONVINCE the listener that this is a REAL instrument . . . . . :lol:

Eyes bigger than Bank Balance? . . . . know that one well . . . :cry:

ATB

parametric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

User avatar Wales
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Derek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Very good, and certainly worth "unhiding". It shows there is still life and power in these old synths - why I have a mix of old and new.

I think you will love the world of VSTis, once you have a computer powerful enough to run them. I have a gig rig that allows me to mix live and virtual to great effect. We are loving in a golden age of instruments.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
User avatar Australia
Rara

Unread post by Rara » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:16 am

parametric wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 am

Totally agree about Choir and Strings . . . .

When Tremelo is selected, Kontakt invokes a different set of samples that are RECORDED as a Tremelo -

which is why it sounds so good? - I guess . . .

Maybe it'd work on the SY to have a stream of VERY SHORT notes which include

a crescendo, but much depends on the ATTACK segment of the Sy35's sample . . .

The attack would need to be immediate? and if it's NOT then I doubt there is much that can be done to

"Move" the start point - IYSWIM (unless you know better?) ;)

It might be a plan to try the NI Free offering Saul mentioned?

THIS is what the articulations control looks like in Kontact5 for their VSL Strings - String Ensemble Instrument.

Those LOW midi notes do not SOUND the instrument, but simply switch-on the desired articulation . . . . .

Which is in fact a separate set of samples . .

In all honesty, there has never been a better time to get into this - there is SO much available free these days

that we could have only dreamed of years ago . . .

I have done Pro Sessions as a singer (choir) over the years - the most tedious of which was a "Sampling" session

for Vangelis at Abbey Road . . . . . 3hrs of Ooo, Ahhhhh - and variants across the vocal range . . . :roll:

Thankfully, other sessions have been more interesting - and some have been on stage too . . . .

like this . . .

(I'm Chorus front row second from the right)

The problem with VSTis is the complexity that is now available . . . .

With Strings for instance it is possible to get into whether a note is bow-up or bow-down - and for that

you have to envisage HOW a player would actually play it . . .

This probably involves BEING a player (which I'm not).

Only necessary if you want to try and CONVINCE the listener that this is a REAL instrument . . . . . :lol:

Eyes bigger than Bank Balance? . . . . know that one well . . . :cry:

ATB

parametric
I nearly got the effect by starting with a short "piano envelope" over the string patch I thought had the
shortest attack possible with that and then trying to make the release just long enough to over lap the next note
a tiny bit playing demi and/or semiquavers. thinking about it now the piano envelope probably had to much sustain.
had i not had the pc programmer for the SY35 it would've been really difficult to create i think

:violin: I'm learning violin, the up and down bow is easy to imagine. I'll be interested in seeing (or hearing) how these VST's
can do vibrato on strings and how human the vibrato can sound. I will certainly be looking at that NI offering mentioned.
Derek wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:34 pm
Very good, and certainly worth "unhiding". It shows there is still life and power in these old synths - why I have a mix of old and new.

I think you will love the world of VSTis, once you have a computer powerful enough to run them. I have a gig rig that allows me to mix live and virtual to great effect. We are loving in a golden age of instruments.

I bought some vst's last year in a Christmas sale, I haven't used them yet still. it wont be long before I do.
the pc i build should be able handle most vst's. I think the handy thing with a PC being a musical instrument
is, if the motherboard dies ( ahem ;-) ) it is easily replaced. (how long did it take me to realise this..... :think: )

Rara 0-)
Gliga 1

Dr550mk2,SR-16,D110
User avatar Wales
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Derek » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:35 am

I am a huge fan of VSTs. I love the fact that, for example, I can get a Mini Moog VST for a fraction of the price of the real deal. Drop it in a mix and few people would notice it is not the original. I don't have a large studio, so cannot get more hardware in there. VSTs only take up space on a computer disk.

I have Hammond/Leslie models for a similar small fraction of cost and am getting an incredibly realistic organ sound for about £200 compared to Hammond's new SK model which is about £2,500), and you don't need four hefty roadies to move an original B3 and Leslie! In the same vein I am a huge Mellotron fan, and a Mellotron VST allows me to get the sound without the weight, cost or maintenance nightmare of what is a complex and fragile electro-mechanical instrument (essentially a tape replay machine under each key!).

If you are interested, I produced some guides (the first two at the top of the page) on how to use a small book sized NUC PC in a gig rack. The one thing that held me back from using VSTs extensively in songs was how I would reproduce the songs on stage. So I was only using them for backing parts or in songs I would probably never play live.

So having such a means has transformed my stage rig and usage of VSTs, I can mix and match hardware and VTSs as I please. All this is based on an excellent Australian export (along with Red Wine and Stubby holders! :D ) called Cantabile - which is my live host that supports VST hosting, MIDI processing and routing, and backing track playback (amongst other things).

Essentially Audio DAWs like Cubase, Logic are built for recording, they do not make good live hosts due to their "bloat" and features optimised for recording. Cantabile is built for stage use. So worth being aware of if ever you wished to reproduce any VST based recordings live.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by parametric » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:59 pm

Rara wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:16 am
I nearly got the effect by starting with a short "piano envelope" over the string patch I thought had the
shortest attack possible with that and then trying to make the release just long enough to over lap the next note
a tiny bit playing demi and/or semiquavers. thinking about it now the piano envelope probably had to much sustain.
had i not had the pc programmer for the SY35 it would've been really difficult to create i think

:violin: I'm learning violin, the up and down bow is easy to imagine. I'll be interested in seeing (or hearing) how these VST's
can do vibrato on strings and how human the vibrato can sound. I will certainly be looking at that NI offering mentioned.

I bought some vst's last year in a Christmas sale, I haven't used them yet still. it wont be long before I do.
the pc i build should be able handle most vst's. I think the handy thing with a PC being a musical instrument
is, if the motherboard dies ( ahem ;-) ) it is easily replaced. (how long did it take me to realise this..... :think: )

Rara 0-)
I would say that you appear to be well-adjusted to your task. (Y) , and I'll be interested to hear how you get on

with the bowing thing . .

IIRC - vibrato in a VSTi is often allocated to, and controlled with the MOD Wheel.

This data can be recorded in real time and written as an envelope-lane associated with that instrument.

Similarly, all other tweakable parameters can be controlled in the same way within your DAW - (I use Reaper)

and there can be pages of them . . . They can be simple ON/OFF switches - or continuous in nature.

A piece I'm working on ATM has the Kontakt Hammond B3 instrument, and I have momentary controls for

VIBRATO on upper and lower Manuals (ON and OFF), and also Leslie Speaker Fast-Slow-Off selection.

It can be a bit daunting when you see the scope that's available . . .

It's only really limited by your own endurance . . . :lol:

BTW - our member <SysExJohn> is very knowledgeable in this area and indeed about Midi in general . . .

He runs his own forum on Midi - http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ which is a great resource for a general

recap on all things midi. I often go there for a "Read" when the creative juices have momentarily dried up. :o

Building your own system is certainly the way to go for doing Music (or Video for that matter).

That way, your "hard-earned" gets spent on the things that MATTER for the task in hand.

I'm sure you already know, that if you present yourself as a System builder, certain purchases entitle you to

purchase OEM copies of Windows. The difference between a FULL retail version and an OEM version

(apart from the PRICE!)is principally this:

The Full version can be migrated to a new system, as of right.

The OEM version is expected to live (and die) on the machine it is installed on . . .

The DETAILS of components on a system are invisibly stored (somewhere) on the machine, and if certain changes

are made - due to a component failure for instance . . . Windows may complain that it is NOT a genuine copy . . . .

and it will be reluctant to "reauthorise". This can result in the need to contact Microsoft (toll-free) . . .

In my experience - once you have explained the reason for the detected spec change, they will reauthorise the system,

no problem . . . .

Just something to be aware of . . . ;)

ATB

parametric

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

User avatar Australia
Rara

Unread post by Rara » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:34 am

Derek wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:35 am
I am a huge fan of VSTs. I love the fact that, for example, I can get a Mini Moog VST for a fraction of the price of the real deal. Drop it in a mix and few people would notice it is not the original. I don't have a large studio, so cannot get more hardware in there. VSTs only take up space on a computer disk.

If you are interested, I produced some guides (the first two at the top of the page) on how to use a small book sized NUC PC in a gig rack. The one thing that held me back from using VSTs extensively in songs was how I would reproduce the songs on stage. So I was only using them for backing parts or in songs I would probably never play live.
Having fixed my issues with my esi-2000 (including the ram) I started sometime ago making a melotron choir soundfont.
I want to do the same for the FZ-1 as the same choir sounds rather spooky on that. Having Gb's of ram though to play with
will probably baffle me to start with. I am to used to 2 or 8Mb's to play with (128 on the ESI) and sample uploads taking
up to 20 minutes (for 2mb).

I had a brief read of your guides (thanks BTW), it looks some much more complex than what I am used to using which is a
very basic and "retro" setup. I'll need to read them both a few times so it sinks in (I hope). Believe it or not some techno talk
leaves me in the dark and takes ages for the light to go on.
parametric wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:59 pm

I would say that you appear to be well-adjusted to your task. (Y) , and I'll be interested to hear how you get on

with the bowing thing . .

IIRC - vibrato in a VSTi is often allocated to, and controlled with the MOD Wheel.

This data can be recorded in real time and written as an envelope-lane associated with that instrument.

Similarly, all other tweakable parameters can be controlled in the same way within your DAW - (I use Reaper)

and there can be pages of them . . . They can be simple ON/OFF switches - or continuous in nature.

A piece I'm working on ATM has the Kontakt Hammond B3 instrument, and I have momentary controls for

VIBRATO on upper and lower Manuals (ON and OFF), and also Leslie Speaker Fast-Slow-Off selection.

It can be a bit daunting when you see the scope that's available . . .

It's only really limited by your own endurance . . . :lol:

BTW - our member <SysExJohn> is very knowledgeable in this area and indeed about Midi in general . . .

He runs his own forum on Midi - http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ which is a great resource for a general

recap on all things midi. I often go there for a "Read" when the creative juices have momentarily dried up. :o

Building your own system is certainly the way to go for doing Music (or Video for that matter).

That way, your "hard-earned" gets spent on the things that MATTER for the task in hand.

I'm sure you already know, that if you present yourself as a System builder, certain purchases entitle you to

purchase OEM copies of Windows. The difference between a FULL retail version and an OEM version

(apart from the PRICE!)is principally this:

The Full version can be migrated to a new system, as of right.

The OEM version is expected to live (and die) on the machine it is installed on . . .

The DETAILS of components on a system are invisibly stored (somewhere) on the machine, and if certain changes

are made - due to a component failure for instance . . . Windows may complain that it is NOT a genuine copy . . . .

and it will be reluctant to "reauthorise". This can result in the need to contact Microsoft (toll-free) . . .

In my experience - once you have explained the reason for the detected spec change, they will reauthorise the system,

no problem . . . .

Just something to be aware of . . . ;)

ATB

parametric
Vibrato Speed and depth is easy to do. I just thought of random micro tunings for vibrato, to give a slightly
imperfect sound to it. (I don't remember if the SY77 did that or not)
I was still daunted by my SY77 (how old is that....) VST's might scare me :shock:

I used to run my own PC repair business from home and was quite easy getting OEM OS's or full version and discounted
or volume prices with the bulk hardware being bought. since the advent of FB and more easily obtainable internet
every man and his dog is doing the same thing so you end up closing shop. (same could be said for photography
and not being able to keep up with the changes)

Previously when I was a bit more cashed up, I'd buy to or three spares of video, network and sound cards to ease the
pain fixing dead components in my own PC's. even to a point of replacing capacitors on video cards. just to avoid having to reinstall
windows. Then I made bootable partition backups, I still have spare hardware that'll work with win7, I should be covered
for a few years at least.
Building your own PC's is more cost effective in the long run, even if it cost more in the short term. my Win98 pc is still
working ( i still use it) after 20 years, plenty of spares to keep it running.

There is a lot to midi I still haven't learned, my knowledge of it is pretty basic, then there's the new midi 2.0 spec being
developed now, I had a look, I do
understand some parts of it, some of it is over my head though.

I can't wait to see what I come up with after i get the other PC built. :D

Rara 0-)
Gliga 1

Dr550mk2,SR-16,D110

Return to “User Music Corner”