Export/Import single Performance Patch

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
ovaroujan

Export/Import single Performance Patch

Unread post by ovaroujan » Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Is it possible to export/import a single Performance patch on Montage?
Example: I've made a Performance patch with multiple layers and I'd like to share it with a friend so he can add it to his library.
Kurzweil

Re: Export/Import single Performance Patch

Unread post by Kurzweil » Tue May 21, 2019 5:02 pm

I located the following statement on page 205 of the MODX Reference manual:
"You can select a desired Performance in the Library file which is loaded to the User Memory and copy the
Performance to the User Bank." Later steps mention selecting one performance or selecting all. It also states that any user waveforms or arpeggios are also copied. Looks like this should do it. You might have to provide your friend with an entire library and the specific patch number/name you wish him to actually copy.

The page number would be different but the Montage manual will presumably have the identical instruction.
ovaroujan

Unread post by ovaroujan » Tue May 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply! I will check the MODX manual to see if I can figure it out.
Kurzweil

Unread post by Kurzweil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:20 pm

I am now the proud owner of a 2018 Montage and have just upgraded the operating system from 2.0 to 2.5. I now have the task of creating the setups (performances) needed to use this machine. My intent will be to put something like this together in about three or four general performances:
1. Piano high (F2 and higher)
2. Slow strings - all
3. Choir - all
4. Piano low (E3 and lower)
5. Electric Bass
6. Acoustic Bass
7. Ride cymbal (basses and this are all E3 and lower)

The use of scenes will determine whether the piano plays full range (#1 & #4), plays as a split between piano and bass (#1 and #5 for Ebass or #1 & #6 for Abass), and an additional scene may add ride cymbal to the acoustic bass (add #7). I may do additional performances that will include various solo instruments split off in the top two octaves, as many as eight, all controlled by scenes. That is a new concept for me. I used the Kurzweil mute buttons and the volume sliders to accomplish such changes in the past. Solo splits are a quick method of doing it all on one keyboard. This Montage will readily accept a controller keyboard MIDI'd in and thus playing all of the solos, including organ, on a separate keyboard, becomes the preferred method.

Electric piano may be on additional layers or may require a separate performance. Likewise, acoustic guitar.

And now we finally come to the purpose of my post. I have a data list that, after the update, shows 2655 performances, or what I would have called tones, programs, or patches in the past. The last program is a little gem called "business lunch", which I cannot wait to listen to. My question is, how do I quickly FIND "business lunch"? I see that I can go to its category, PAD/CHOIR, its subcategory ELECTRONIC, and then go through a bunch of stuff, sixteen items per screen. That seems convoluted, particularly with a sound list this large. As an old person with experience on Kurzweil and Roland, how do I simply type in "2655" to quickly locate that exact sound without having to go down through pages of 16 at a time? My normal plan is to make a working list of sounds after having auditioned them. Once I have located a good sound, I do not want to have to hunt it down a second time. The absence of a number keypad on both the panel and presumably the display does not encourage me.

I have not found the manuals to be quite the inspiration I had hoped. I have had to do separate research to accomplish things as simple as updating the OS and installing library files, thank you YamahaSynth.com. Little things like "do not put the file in a subdirectory" have to be discerned by trial and error. I can hunt these sounds down by scrolling if need be. If so. can one scroll the ENTIRE SOUNDSET or is it strictly by category? I haven't found another way in. Thank you for any potential solutions.

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”