Export midi-files as separated/multiple audio files offline

Section for information and discussion about the Yamaha Tyros 1, 2 , 3,4 and 5 Arranger Keyboards.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Sweden
RobinJacobsson

Export midi-files as separated/multiple audio files offline

Unread post by RobinJacobsson » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 pm

I will borrow a Tyros 4 or 5 and bounce a 100+ backtracks from the former keyboardplayer. Is there a way to export all those midi-tracks that he has been using as separate audio-tracks without need to play each (3min) song?
Advertisement
1000 Free EDM Samples
User avatar United States of America
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Export midi-files as separated/multiple audio files offline

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Are the files saved in the internal storage, or on a USB flash drive? If they're stored internally, you can install Yamaha's USB-MIDI driver, as well as the free Musicsoft Downloader program (MSD), and use MSD to transfer the MIDI files to your computer. If that does an actual transfer rather than a copy, be sure to copy them on your computer and transfer the originals back.

On the other hand, if you want to convert the MIDI files to audio files, as far as I know you'll need to play back each one on the keyboard and record the audio output-- or the keyboard probably has an option to convert a MIDI file to an audio file.

But if you don't care whether the audio version sounds the same as when the MIDI is played on the keyboard, you could copy the MIDI files to your computer and use a MIDI soft synth-- such as CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth and Timbres of Heaven-- to play back the MIDI files and save the audio.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
User avatar Sweden
RobinJacobsson

Unread post by RobinJacobsson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:17 am

The thing is, I want drums, bass, keys and so on separated. And I want to get each file as an. Wav with his sounds from the Tyros, so I can just import the backtracks in my DAW for playback without any need to setup all sounds again with my softsynths.

So I want to export his MIDI files to separated audiotracks. And I think he has the MIDI files on both the keyboard and external harddrive.

The thing is that I want to find the fastest way to get the files from the 100+ midi backtracks on the keyboard as wav.
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:11 am

I don't know of any way to record the channels to separate audio tracks without playing the MIDI songs not just one by one, but also one channel at a time (muting all channels except the one you want to record). I don't think you're going to find any "magical" shortcuts that will let you bypass having to play each song multiple times. But I'd think it should be faster to just play each song on the keyboard-- muting all channels but one-- and record them to separate audio tracks in your DAW.

However, the Tyros5 does have six audio outs, so I think you can record up to three stereo audio tracks at a time depending on how you've got the keyboard's parts assigned to the available audio outs-- or up to six mono audio tracks at a time if you've got some of the parts hard-panned to the left or right such that you can get two parts on the same stereo out.
Michael Rideout
User avatar Sweden
RobinJacobsson

Unread post by RobinJacobsson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:11 am

Okay, so if I understand you correctly theres no way to bounce offline, and no way to bounce several tracks at once. So the only way to go is that I route the tracks to different output on the keyboard and recieve them on different input channels on my computer...
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:43 am

To be honest, I'm not certain what you mean by "bounce offline." Certainly you can load the MIDI files into a DAW and sequence each channel to the keyboard, then record the audio output in the DAW, if that's what you'd prefer to do. But I don't see how that would be quicker than just playing the MIDI files on the keyboard itself, other than perhaps relieving you of the task of having to select each song from the menu and begin playback.

As for sequencing multiple files at once, the Tyros can receive 32 MIDI channels at once, so in theory you could sequence from two 16-channel files up to as many as 32 channels from 32 files (that is, one channel each) to the keyboard at the same time. But you'll still be limited to capturing no more than three stereo or six mono audio tracks at a time.

Note that if you want to send 32 channels to the keyboard-- not that I see any advantage to that if you want to keep the audio recording of each MIDI channel separate-- you'll need to configure the keyboard's MIDI settings appropriately. That is, you'll need to configure the 16 channels of MIDI A IN to go to the 16 song parts, and configure the 16 channels of MIDI B IN to go to the 16 keyboard and style parts.
Michael Rideout
User avatar Sweden
RobinJacobsson

Unread post by RobinJacobsson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:32 pm

The thing is, it's not my keyboard. I just got a tour replacing this guy/keyboardplayer and I need his backtracks from his Tyros, and I would rather have them in separated tracks than just a stereomix so I need to get all his MIDI-tracks bounced/exported to Audiofiles, with his sounds so I don't need to sit and find soft-synths to all those different tracks. Offline = not realtime, a faster bounce/export that would reduce the bouncetime from lets say 3 minutes to an example of 20 seconds.
User avatar Sweden
RobinJacobsson

Unread post by RobinJacobsson » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:55 am

I just picked up the Tyros and will connect it later.

So then I will just record as many channels as the Tyros output supports. How do I get it synced so all channels starts at the same time when Im doing several recording for one song?

Return to “Yamaha Tyros 1,2,3,4 and 5”