having trouble recording over a previous track performance

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
kthelp

having trouble recording over a previous track performance

Unread post by kthelp » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 pm

I have a Yamaha Montage 8 88 key workstation.

I am creating a multi track sequenced performance and am not able to replace an individual track and re record my performance on that specific track. I have recorded a drum track as basic track and then trying to record strings over that.

I am successful in recording the string track as overdub on drum track. When I want to do over my string recorded track performance the previous recorded string track is still playing....even when I delete the previously recorded track and try to record additional track new.

When I select overdub it still stores and replays the previous string performance that I did. What am I doing wrong please?

Tthanks for your help.
Advertisement
Ultimate Vocal Library
User avatar Canada
vertig0spin

Re: having trouble recording over a previous track performance

Unread post by vertig0spin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:32 pm

kthelp wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 pm
I have a Yamaha Montage 8 88 key workstation.

I am creating a multi track sequenced performance and am not able to replace an individual track and re record my performance on that specific track. I have recorded a drum track as basic track and then trying to record strings over that.

I am successful in recording the string track as overdub on drum track. When I want to do over my string recorded track performance the previous recorded string track is still playing....even when I delete the previously recorded track and try to record additional track new.

When I select overdub it still stores and replays the previous string performance that I did. What am I doing wrong please?

Tthanks for your help.
If you are using the Performance Recorder on the Montage, it is quite limited in editing abilities, as it is not a full blown sequencer. Yamaha offloaded most of the editing functionality to be done on a DAW...

I submitted an idea to yamahasynth.ideascale.com to allow the ability for fixing mistakes via punch In/out 'per track', where as right now if you try to punch in/out, it overwrites all the tracks you have recorded via Overdub functionality.
If you would like to see this functionality, please 'Up Vote' my idea in the link below (note - you will need to first login to ideascale to vote). Yamaha are watching that site closely for ideas that people like to see in a future OS update! ;)

Montage/MODX 'Punch In/Out' Single/Selected Track/s
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd ... 4571-45978

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”