Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharing USER sounds on this Forum

Unread post by Saul » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks again Macke. Although I should say this forum is really a collective effort. Without the members it is nothing.

I have created the 'User Sounds' category so now we just need the individual sections to kick things off. Suggestions on what we should start with?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Sweden
Macke

Unread post by Macke » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Saul wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 pm
Thanks again Macke. Although I should say this forum is really a collective effort. Without the members it is nothing.
Well said. A lot of talented people here for sure.
User avatar Ukraine
Ivan Jochner

Unread post by Ivan Jochner » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Saul wrote:

I have created the 'User Sounds' category so now we just need the individual sections to kick things off. Suggestions on what we should start with?
I think sections like
"Patch Request"
"Performances User Waveforms"
"Performances original MODX waveforms
"User Arpeggios"

for a start.( Just from the top of my head)
User avatar Sweden
Macke

Unread post by Macke » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:47 am

Ivan Jochner wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm
Saul wrote:
I think sections like
"Patch Request"
"User Arpeggios"

Ivan: Do I understand your suggestions correctly!?:
  • "Patch Request": This is kind of self explanatory. Maybe calling it either "Performance Request" or "Part Request" instead to match MODX/MONTAGE lingo? I prefer the former of the two.
  • "Performances User Waveforms": Performances including/using non-factory waveforms?
  • "Performances original MODX waveforms: Performances with only factory waveforms, like the ones in Soundmondo but including arpeggios, user curves or other stuff missing from bulk upload.
  • "User Arpeggios": This is also quite self explanatory.
If I've understood things correctly MONTAGE do not currently accept MODX files (.X8L / .X8U) so should we have matching, separate sections for the MONTAGE as well!? Hopefully the ability to read MODX files will be added in a later OS update for MONTAGE but I have not seen any indication so far.
vertig0spin wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:13 pm
Maybe use Dropbox or Google Drive share links, and share both an .mp3, as well as the corresponding .X7U/.X7L files with the same naming convention..!?
I believed it's possible for Saul to add all compatible library/user file extensions to phpbb but placing them in .zip file(s) might be simpler!?
User avatar Germany
redglass

Unread post by redglass » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:20 am

Ivan Jochner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:23 am
I think time has come to make a separate thread for sounds sharing (Similar to Nord Clavia ) where you can prewiev the patch via Player + uploading Patches including User Waveforms and Arpeggios.

Since Soundmondo is not helpfull containing many many duplicated sounds. ( e.g. Toto Africa - 20 or so sounds of the same waveforms. Who stole of whom?)
And Arpeggios are not added when uploading sounds to Soundmondo.
I really would love to have a better sharing platform for us MODX/Montage users!
User avatar Ukraine
Ivan Jochner

Unread post by Ivan Jochner » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 am

Macke wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:47 am
Ivan Jochner wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm
Saul wrote:
I think sections like
"Patch Request"
"User Arpeggios"

Ivan: Do I understand your suggestions correctly!?:
Exactley right.

Yes, that was kind of improvised version what can be done.(Thread headlines, form of the patches etc.)

We can tweak all the thread names of such threads for better users ' comfort.

(If Montage does not support some Modx files i think better to create only MODX thread ? )

And the last trouble " How to save a User Waveform SINGLE PERFORMANCE " in one GO ?

Or as a turnaround using MODX Connect a Single Performances loaded/saved first then User Waveforms loaded and added to the Performance?
User avatar Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 pm

Ivan Jochner wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 am
(If Montage does not support some Modx files i think better to create only MODX thread ? )
It's unfortunate for Montage users like me that MODX users can't just save in .X7U/.X7L formats as well :(
User avatar Sweden
Macke

Unread post by Macke » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:23 am

Ivan Jochner wrote:
Exactley right.

Yes, that was kind of improvised version what can be done.(Thread headlines, form of the patches etc.)

We can tweak all the thread names of such threads for better users ' comfort.

It is indeed a good starting point.

vertig0spin wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 pm
Ivan Jochner wrote:
It's unfortunate for Montage users like me that MODX users can't just save in .X7U/.X7L formats as well :(
Yeah, this so far is a missed opportunity. A suggestion for this was added to Ideascale 4 months back but it has so far only received 3 votes. https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd ... 1438-45978

Ivan Jochner wrote:
And the last trouble " How to save a User Waveform SINGLE PERFORMANCE " in one GO ?
Doing this completely on the MODX or MONTAGE will probably be way to time consuming. You basically need to backup your user area and clear out everything except the performance you want to share and then create a .X8L or .X8U file. Then reload the user file to restore the are again.

From what I've read so far, the John Melas tools can achieve this "offline" and with minimal impact on the instrument itself as you are worling on the user or library file directly. Note that I have not purchased or tested these tools myself beyond the demo version of the Waveform Editor which does not allow you to save but alt least give you a feel of the capabilities of the application.

Question: Anyone with these tools that can confirm my assumption above?

Ivan Jochner wrote:
Or as a turnaround using MODX Connect a Single Performances loaded/saved first then User Waveforms loaded and added to the Performance?
This need some research. To my knowledge there is no other way of exporting the yamaha waveforms than in a library or user file. I might be wrong though.
User avatar Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Macke wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:23 am
vertig0spin wrote:
Yeah, this so far is a missed opportunity. A suggestion for this was added to Ideascale 4 months back but it has so far only received 3 votes. https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd ... 1438-45978
It now has received 5 votes, so someone else and myself have just upvoted it! ;)
User avatar Sweden
Macke

Unread post by Macke » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 pm

vertig0spin wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:25 pm
Macke wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:23 am
vertig0spin wrote:
It now has received 5 votes, so someone else and myself have just upvoted it! ;)
Good thing I mentioned seeing it then. (Y) Let's hope it's already part of the roadmap for next OS update for MONTAGE but additional votes will certainly not hurt. :)

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”