are MODX Single Part Performances better than MOXF voices?

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Australia
paulus1971

are MODX Single Part Performances better than MOXF voices?

Unread post by paulus1971 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm

If we compare only Single Part Performances of AWM2 to MOXF voices, is MODX better than MOXF?

thank you
User avatar United States of America
anotherscott

Re: are MODX Single Part Performances better than MOXF voices?

Unread post by anotherscott » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:26 am

As long as you pick a MODX Performance that exists as a Voice in the MOXF, I'd say they should sound the same... or certainly very very close. I hesitate to make an absolute judgement because there have been endless arguments about whether a patch on one board sounds exactly the same on another board that's supposed to sound the same. Even about whether the same Performance sounds exactly the same on two different versions of the SAME board (e.g. the MODX8 and MODX7 keys have different velocity attributes). And sometimes someone will hear a difference and someone else will not, or they will hear a difference on one sound but not another. So I don't think anyone can give you an absolute answer here as to whether they will sound different, much less whether one will sound better.
User avatar Ukraine
Ivan Jochner

Re: are MODX Single Part Performances better than MOXF voices?

Unread post by Ivan Jochner » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:39 am

paulus1971 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm
If we compare only Single Part Performances of AWM2 to MOXF voices, is MODX better than MOXF?

thank you
In my case whether on the stage playing live with the full band or at home recording its 1000% the same stuff , Motif Xs= MODX

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”