Need Parts Yamaha AES720

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar United States of America
朱雀Suzaku

Need Parts Yamaha AES720

Unread post by 朱雀Suzaku » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:45 am

Hello, I desperately need to get a bridge for my poor Yamaha Aes-720 i.e.(https://reverb.com/item/6112544-yamaha- ... black-blue)I was just wondering if anyone knew where to get this part, to me it's seems to be a unique style of tune-o-matic, i have heard from others that there is only 1 aftermarket maker of this item, and yamaha itself no longer makes this bridge part. Any help would be appreciated, I know I'm new, but come on, it's guitar abuse to leave these things non-functional! thanks.
User avatar United States of America
Asmikace

Re: Need Parts Yamaha AES720

Unread post by Asmikace » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:55 am

Unless you can find a broken AES for parts or a lucky listing online, can you swap the bridge post to us with other bridges? I wish I can help you more but I don't own a AES guitar.

Maybe contact Yamaha for parts if they still have them in stock. I doubt it as they pretty much carry their current line of guitars but they might have some still in stock.
Great Britain
Daviedawg

Re: Need Parts Yamaha AES720

Unread post by Daviedawg » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:56 pm

What a beautiful guitar. It is certainly necessary to get it back up and running. What exactly has happened to it?

Dd

Edit: Have you looked at "Frets on the Net". I have had custom made bridge saddles and screws from him. Not cheap but excellent work.
Yamahas:
SF500 Sunburst three colour Aug 1978
FZ1000 Black Sharkfin offset vee July 1986
SC400 red transparent 1982
YSG T1 in Trans Red July 1988 or 1989

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”