Monel strings on a FG-460

For over 40 years, the FG series has continued to offer outstanding quality and tone on affordable instruments. These player favorites have played countless gigs, written thousands of songs and are heard by millions of people year after year.

Moderators: Buzzard, Derek, parametric, Saul

Oldtickers

Monel strings on a FG-460

Unread post by Oldtickers »

Has anyone tried Martin Monel strings on a FG-460 either 12 or 6 string?

I had a set of PB on my 12 and it was too jangly, even for me as I have several 12 string guitar, acoustic and electric.
The monels "should" tone it down and I was checking if anyone else had tried it.

Thanks!

Ed

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Monel strings on a FG-460

Unread post by Saul »

I don't think I have tried those particular Martin strings Ed. I tend to move between Elixir and D'Addario. Although I do have a couple of guitars strung with Rotosound which are "OK" but I think their electric strings are better than the acoustic.

I was thinking of giving the Martin Tommy Emmanuel Signature 12-54 Acoustic Strings a go on the next string change and see how they are.
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.