Yamaha to exhibit over 75 new products at NAMM 2020

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yamaha to exhibit over 75 new products at NAMM 2020

Unread post by Saul » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:26 pm

NAMM 2020.png
NAMM 2020
NAMM 2020.png (562.67 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Yamaha will showcase more than 75 new products and sponsor four headline concert events, including the main event of the weekend at the NAMM Yamaha Grand Plaza Stage, at the 2020 NAMM Show, to be held January 16-19 in Anaheim, California, USA.

Can't help feeling a sense of deja vu here. I am pretty sure this was the same headline Yamaha used last year?

Great that they are putting out new products but I have a feeling many of them won't be "new" in the sense that we don't already know about them.

Yamaha Keyboards will unveil a family-friendly portable keyboard with high-quality Voices and special learning tools, as well as an addition to one of its acoustic product lines that adds design enhancements and new technology to broaden its range of utility and expressiveness.

Guitars will launch a revamped acoustic guitar series featuring the groundbreaking Atmosfeel pickup and preamp system, as well as fresh new finishes for several lines of electric guitars, while Percussion will roll out products ranging from enhanced software to a signature instrument to a compact gigging set.

Yamaha Pro Audio will roll out new loudspeakers from NEXO.

Winds & Strings will debut a wide assortment of band and orchestral instruments, including an addition to the line of SILENT™ products.

Line 6 and Ampeg will present their products at the Grand Ballroom located adjacent to the Yamaha main booth.

Full story here: https://yamahamusicians.com/yamaha-to-e ... namm-show/
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
Advertisement
Ultimate Vocal Library
User avatar United States of America
shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Yamaha to exhibit over 75 new products at NAMM 2020

Unread post by shelly0624 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:16 pm

I'm excited to see what it brings. Always fun to see what's new.
User avatar United States of America
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm

It's always fun to speculate about what Yamaha is going to unveil at each NAMM, and interesting to see how what they actually do introduce compares with what people are hoping for.

Last year (Winter 2019 NAMM) PSR-E owners were hoping to see new PSR-E2xx and PSR-E3xx models, but instead we got something between a PSR-E2xx and a PSR-E3xx, better than the previous PSR-E2xx model but worse (in terms of features) than the previous PSR-E3xx model, only more expensive.

It sounds like this year might see another PSR-E model, but possibly not a new PSR-E4xx model. I'm not sure what Yamaha's long-term plans are for the PSR-E line, but it seems like they may have decided to stop taking the existing models any further and move in a somewhat different direction with any new models.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:44 pm

All I could find out is that the new acoustic guitars have not already been announced or released so they are definitely "new" (Y)

Likewise the keyboard mentioned is brand new and is not something we already know about.

There is an embargo on news until the show so I doubt we will find out more unless someone leaks it.

I am wondering in the light of LAG partnering with Hyvibe to bring their much better specced competitor to the Yamaha TransAcoustic to the market whether perhaps Yamaha have upped their game and added a more advanced effects unit to the TA series :think:

As for the PSR "E" range I am not sure how much further that can go without a total revamp? Would be really nice to see Yamaha bring out something very different and current rather than these very small incremental changes to a very old like of keyboards.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.

Return to “Chill Out Room”