Trimming Down Preload to Fit More Libraries?

KORG keyboards, sound modules and software.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Basspig

Trimming Down Preload to Fit More Libraries?

Unread post by Basspig »

I found a library I would like to install on my Kronos, http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs/Cinematic%20Suite.html, but at the same time I'd like to have the Organ Toolkit library and the Austrian grand piano in there as well.

Now on the Yamaha Montage, I can load 8 additional libraries on top of the installed instruments. On the Kronos, I am dealing with limited RAM resources, and have to pick and choose the most essential instruments and unload the ones I'll never use.

Is it possible to tell which patches use RAM and how much RAM per patch?

I presume it's possible to load ONLY the instruments I will use and cut way down on the RAM usage that way. Right now about 70% of the RAM is being used by the factory preload. I've got the organ toolkit loaded and the Austrian grand and I've about 100mb RAM left over. The Cinematic Suite uses about 650MB RAM.

It looks like realistically, I can get 2-3 additional libraries installed alongside the factory sounds, given how even streaming libraries use RAM. So I will need to make hard decisions about what I can live without, for my working set.

Best Regards,
Mark
-----------------------------------
Kurzweil K2600RS, K2500RS, PC2RO, ExpressionMate Ribbon
Roland A80, Peavey PC1600, Yamaha FS1R, Motif Rack XS, Montage 8, Korg Kronos 2
Basspig

Re: Trimming Down Preload to Fit More Libraries?

Unread post by Basspig »

I found out I can recover 182MB by dumping the German Grand on bank I-C. That gives me enough RAM to load the orchestra samples that I hope are available and currently being advertised.

Best Regards,
Mark
-----------------------------------
Kurzweil K2600RS, K2500RS, PC2RO, ExpressionMate Ribbon
Roland A80, Peavey PC1600, Yamaha FS1R, Motif Rack XS, Montage 8, Korg Kronos 2