Montage assign MIDI chanell!

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

United States of America
BSR

Montage assign MIDI chanell!

Unread post by BSR » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Hi everyone! I got my WH Montage 8, looks great!
I did an performance split, El piano from 3 parts, to play and control my Genos styles but when I play left hand on Montage there is triggering a piano sound on Genos, how can be assign all parts on the same MIDI chanell or how you sugest to fix this problem? Thanks!
United States of America
BSR

Re: Montage assign MIDI chanell!

Unread post by BSR » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:11 am

It's fine, I figured out myself guys, have a greath weekend!
Sweden
Macke
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Macke » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:19 am

BSR wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:11 am
It's fine, I figured out myself guys, have a greath weekend!
Hi BSR,

Great that you found a solution. Do you mind sharing it with the community?
United States of America
BSR

Unread post by BSR » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:22 pm

I will update this information tonight when I will be back home from work. I have yo have the keyboard in front of me to remember step by step what must be done!
United States of America
BSR

Unread post by BSR » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:48 am

Ok, here is what I did to acomplish on Montage a Split MIDI El Piano, to control thru MIDI cable the styles from my Genos!
1.Make a Performance from 2 or more sounds
2. On Performance Home view setup the RANGE from C-2 to desire split note whatever you want to split your Montage, in my case is G3, touch the C-2 to highlight the RANGE BOX and scrol up to desire split note.
3. On the top of screen touch the USB or 5 pin MIDI icon, whatever you have on your keyboard, my Montage came with usb, this mean the Keyboard is set to work with computer thru usb cable.
4. Select Settings on top left column and select MIDI I/O on second column, on MIDI IN OUT here switch from USB to MIDI
5. Touch MIDI Sync to Internal or Midi and make sure on this row the Transmit box is ON
6. TOUCH Advanced page on second row on left side and setup Zone Master, ON, then change MIDI I/O Mode to Single
7.Change MIDI I/O Ch. on Ch 1
8. Hit EXIT and push STORE button and save the new created Split Performance under the name what is easy for you to remember, for exemple I use my new created sounds to start with D* El Pno Split G2, then when I search for this performance is easy to find it!
Hope it is easy for you guys to follow my 8 points explanation on MIDI-SPLIT edit and save, have a great Sunday!
Sweden
Macke
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Macke » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:26 pm

BSR wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:48 am
Ok, here is what I did to acomplish on Montage a Split MIDI El Piano, to control thru MIDI cable the styles from my Genos!
have a great Sunday!
Thank you for sharing the solution. This will help the next person looking gor answers to the same or similar issue.

A great sunday to you as well. (Y)

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”